Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 09-08-2018

Default Two hose in connections Potable and black/gray rinse?

I understand how the potable water connection works, but I could use advice on the water inlet to the left of it. I believe that connection goes to a black or gray water tank rinsing head. Which is it? Or was I misinformed?

If it is a non potable connection, is it safe to connect the campsite water to it? Do you use a back flow preventer? Do you cross connect the two with a valve system so you can easily flush the tank? Do you put a short hose extension with a quick connect to make it easy to pass through that small opening in the wet bay (so the door can close)?

Any advice on this subject is gratefully received. We've got 40 years of RV experience, but never used a tank flush system and contamination issues concern me.
Old 09-08-2018

Only use for winterizing, and not @ the camp site, dump station, w/dedicated non potable water IMO.
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/mhohnstein/library/
Old 09-09-2018

If it is like mine, it is for flushing the sensors in the black tank as you dump. I use a dedicated white hose for potable water and a green hose for the flush so as to keep anything that may burp back out of my drinking water. I would never connect them. I don't even get them close.
Old 09-09-2018
Geek

It has a backflow preventer on it. I have a short hose I connected on the hose bib and run to the flush - makes it easy to run the flush while dumping either with camp water, or with the pump. I don't think it ever did a good job with the sensors, but for me that no longer matters as I installed a See Level II system. What it does do is a decent job of flushing the tank. The flush itself is located high on the other end of the tank, and can be accessed after removing the metal cover on the passenger side of the last bay. It has clogged twice in the past few years for me, and had to be removed and cleaned.
Prior: 1990 WB40 "Blue Thunder"
My location: www.bbirdmaps.com/user2.cfm?user=1
Old 09-09-2018
Geek

This is a picture that Robert Britton posted of what he did in his water bay. I copied a lot of that, including the flush line and elbow, the elbow on the intake, and the paper towel holder.
Prior: 1990 WB40 "Blue Thunder"
My location: www.bbirdmaps.com/user2.cfm?user=1
Old 09-09-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonB View Post
This is a picture that Robert Britton posted of what he did in his water bay. I copied a lot of that, including the flush line and elbow, the elbow on the intake, and the paper towel holder.
I can confirm that Robert's old bay (now mine) still looks the same and that opening the green hose bib handle will draw pressurized house water (either from pump or shore hookup) to flush the black tank. Having nothing like this prior, I was impressed with the ability to flush the black tank from inside.

I was puzzled as my outlet dump hose is stored / coiled underneath the drain valves, but seems TOO close to the potable water hookup for my tastes.
So....
I'm copying Van's setup in using IKEA baskets to move the dump hose to the street-side rear bay adjacent to the AC condenser / radiator / etc. But haven't got around to that project just yet.

Van also did a neat thing in the water fill / dump val by adding plastic cutting boards to manage any spilled water from settling on the bay floors.

Short term, I'm planning one more mod in this bay. I'll be extending the flex line tubing for the black sink sprayer. I want to have a simple outdoor shower, as when I come back from surfing to get off the salt. If I add another 4' to the hose and a hook to hang the extra coil of hose, that will solve that.
Old 09-09-2018

There are several of these mods that I really like and will copy. In our previous RV, I cut a joke through the exterior wall and installed a swing out faucet. I missed it the first 2 times I dumped (the only times so far).

Thanks for the posts.