Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 09-14-2018

Just for reference:
A pic showing where the 120vac compressor Pumptrol switch is located.
A pic showing the valve with the red Auto/OFF lever that will turn it off and relieve the head pressure.
A pic showing the T-shaped water drain valve (brass in the red air line) for the air tank in the compressor compartment LB1.

That valve should be opened to dump water and prevent the air tank from rusting out. I'll probably open it after every trip and every few months at least.

Sorry the pics are on their side. They don't do that on my system. Do I have to turn my camera on its side to shoot the photos or is there some way to force it to show portrait orientation?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180914_120623_Burst01.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	57772   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180914_120450.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	57773   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180914_120733.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	57774  
Old 09-14-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dc2x4drvr View Post
Does your 12v compressor run ok?
No. That's on the repair list (which is currently 6 pages long and we've only owned it a week and a half )

I thought I'd start with the 120 vac compressor repair first. The dealer told us both systems worked, but both had been disabled or were broken. It took a while to figure that out, and we were dealing with their unexpected claim that we owed them an additional $11K, when they hadn't even finished what was in the original contract they signed.
Old 09-14-2018

Sounds like you need to file an $11K claim against your dealer

To straighten pics: 1) take them in the orientation you plan to upload or 2) run them through a video editing app before uploading to the WOG. On my IPad I use “Photo Editor by Axiem Systems”, which is available for free on the Apple AppStore. For Apple hardware, when taking a pic have found rotation is consistent if the “big button” is at the right (landscape) or bottom (portrait).

Pic below iof my 120VAC 125PSI (rated) Pumptrol without the cover. Neither has the red Auto/Off switch:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	743B4AD5-D6F7-4441-A312-EFD5FAA70677.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	187.6 KB
ID:	57776  
Old 09-14-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGas View Post
Sounds like you need to file an $11K claim against your dealer

To straighten pics: 1) take them in the orientation you plan to upload or 2) run them through a video editing app before uploading to the WOG. On my IPad I use “Photo Editor by Axiem Systems”, which is available for free on the Apple AppStore. For Apple hardware, when taking a pic have found rotation is consistent if the “big button” is at the right (landscape) or bottom (portrait).

Pic below iof my 120VAC 125PSI (rated) Pumptrol without the cover. Neither has the red Auto/Off switch:
According to George Morris they had problems with the compressor burning up when stalled against high head pressure. Somewhere in the production they switched the Pumptrol to the pressure relief model. My 2007 seems to have it. It looks like yours does not.
Old 09-18-2018

OK, I finally figured out the "alarm.". Don't laugh. It really did sound exactly like an alarm buzzer, and by random chance, it wasn't alarming when power was off, but started up when I turned on power. However, later it alarmed with power off, and I could modify the sound by releasing pressure from the compressor bay air tank (by opening the drain T valve).

It could be felt very strongly (buzzing alarm vibration) at the 120v Pumptrol switch, but that wasn't it. I could get the alarm strongest with a slight leak out of the compressor air tank, and as it happened, I had a leak in the air manifold of just the right rate to drain air from the compressor air tank and set it off. When the manifold leak was fixed, the "alarm" went away.

As best I can tell, the sound was produced by a check valve letting air into the compressor air tank from the coach main air tank at the rear. The main tank at the rear is filled by the 120v compressor. As the compressor air tank pressure dropped, the main air tank was sending air into it through a vibrating check valve producing a sound exactly like an alarm.

So fixing the leak at the manifold fixed my alarm. It really sucks when you don't know how it's supposed to work.

Next on the list is to replace the 12v compressor. The cost of a rebuild kit is ridiculously high. It's close to the cost of a better 12v compressor (located in one of the posts here)
Old 10-19-2018

Default Pressure settings

What pressure settings so you use on your two Pumptrol switches? I've seen 120 psi (off about 40 psi below that) on the 120v compressor and 80 psi on the 12v compressor (off about 20 psi below that). I've seen lots of other numbers.

My regulators are set to 80 psi main regulator and 18 psi for the seals.

If I set the Pumptrol for the 120v compressor above 115 psi, it fires the purge valve on the air dryer. Then it can't reach the Pumptrol pressure and runs continuously. Does your 120v compressor trigger the purge valve?