Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 07-11-2010

Yesterday I installed the new automatic current limiter from Girard and a new windmill so far all is working great. Paid about $168 for the current limiter and they discounted the new windmill (the new one comes with replaceable blades) to $100. I'll let you know if they don't continue to work the way they are suppose to, but it all looks good now.

Dennis
Old 07-11-2010

Good news. Let me know if it continues to perform and I'll order one.
Old 08-07-2010

Dan,

So far so good. The new CL is doing what it is suppose to do.

Dennis
Old 08-07-2010

I was just thinking about contacting you. A couple of weeks ago, during our last outing to Conyers, GA the wind sensor mounting bracket failed. I suppose that I must have clipped a low hanging limb somewhere that cracked the bracket. I'll order the CL and wind sensor next week. Dan
Old 08-07-2010

Dan, you can ask for Ricky and tell him to give you a good price for purchasing both. They actually sent me a wind sensor that did not have the cap to keep the propeller tight to the shaft. I called them and they sent me an entire new unit without cost and did not even want me to send the old new one back. Anyway, good luck. It is nice not having to crank the awning in anymore!!

Dennis
Old 09-09-2010

Default the Girard saga continues

I contacted Girard about three weeks ago explaining the awning had never reliably retracted according to the PO or in my year of ownership. I bought a wind sensor for a $100 and they comp'd the new CL (must have caught them in a weak moment).

I pulled the TV, changed the CL and successfully tested its retract function multiple times from various locations. Put it all back together and tested one final time..... NO POWER RETRACT!

I talked to one of the techs at Girard today. He told me that the cause could be voltage fluctuation. After I explained testing was done when connected to shore power he told me that I didn't need the CL and that I should remove it and connect the in/out wires together. After than I am to adjust the extend and retract limit switches until I get to a firm retraction followed by automatic motor shut down. He said the CL was installed to avoid having to periodically adjust the limit switches as the awning fabric stretches.

I'm not too satisfied with this patch. I don't know if there are any retract current adjustments on the new CL but I think that will be the first thing I try. Might even reinstall the old CL and try cranking up its pot to see if I can make any improvements.
Old 09-10-2010

Dan, I am sorry you are having this problem. The good news is that they did not charge you for both the wind sensor and the new CL; they charged me for both, but gave me a discount off list. The CL they sent me is suppose to automatically adjust for current vs. the old one that had a manual adjustment. So far mine is working fine on house batteries and shore power. Are you certain you connected the wires correctly when installing? You might also ask them to send you a new CL; perhaps the one they sent is flawed. The first wind sensor they sent me was incomplete; the windmill spun around the shaft without turning the shaft. When I called they sent me a very small nut for the end of the shaft which did nothing but keep the free wheeling windmill from falling off the shaft. I called again and they admitted the one they sent was no good and sent me another brand new wind sensor which does work. Apparently they put a small plastic tube on the shaft then heat shrink it so that it grips the shaft. Let us know how you solve this problem so we can all benefit from you solution. Good luck.

Dennis
Old 09-18-2010

Default My awning is working again

Today was the day I took out the TV again to access the Girard Awning controller and current limiter. Call me stubborn but I just didn't want to pull the current limiter and hardwire the controller to the awning as was suggested during my last conversation with one of the Girard techs.

Trouble shooting proved the awning was still extending but not retracting. Curious to see if the receiver was processing the wireless retract signal, I pulled the cover off the controller. The LED and clicking relay confirmed extend, stop and retract signals were being received. Started double checking all wiring connections by wiggling and tugging and guess what, the awing started retracting on its own. I found that the ground wire in the controller was loose. Tightened it and checked all the others. Testing there after was always successful. No need to remove the current limiter and rely on the mechanical limit switches.
Old 09-23-2010

It's good to find those stupid annoying problems and fix stuff like it should be fixed, isn't it! Good job!

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support
Old 09-23-2010
Can't re-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan & Cindy View Post
I was just thinking about contacting you. A couple of weeks ago, during our last outing to Conyers, GA the wind sensor mounting bracket failed. I suppose that I must have clipped a low hanging limb somewhere that cracked the bracket. I'll order the CL and wind sensor next week. Dan

Conyers, GA! You were just about 10 miles from me.

John Stiles
1980 33FC
"My Navion". SOLD
Stockbridge, GA