Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Eclipse
WOG YouTube

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your PT or WB model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....list your PT Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 11-26-2022

Default 1993 wb40 – hwh leveling sys. Question

After going through this a couple of times, it seems there is some sort of air pressure signal the HWH system wants to see before it will work …

Twice now I’ve tried to activate the HWH system and either let it down or level it out – All I get are some distant solenoid “clicks” and the motor doesn’t react.

First time was this spring when I tried to retract the jacks, so I just threw up my hands and went on to other things – Specifically airing up at the rear Schrader for the purpose of adding MMO to the system.

Shortly after I tried the HWH and … It “fixed itself” (as this bus seems to like doing on occasion). So I wondered if it was related to the air system.

Fast forward to today – I wanted to get it up on the jacks and level it out – Nothing … Then remembered what happened in the spring, so I aired it up and same thing, HWH started working again!

Anyone know if this is correct and / or exact nature of the interface between air and HWH systems?
Old 11-26-2022

If like my '91, I don't think there's anything involving system air for the HWH. There's two big relays near the pump motor. One relay is a master relay that provides power to the valves, the other relay runs the pump. Then there are 3 Short-Stop circuit breakers that provide power to the various control valve solenoids. I had two separate issues with the connections at those circuit breakers that caused certain portions of the system to not function. Once I replaced the breakers and cleaned up the connections, all was well.

The relays and solenoids are all located above/behind the entry step. It can be difficult to get in there, but the diagnosis is quite simple.

EDIT: Suppose I should add that it can be a dangerous job and to be sure to block up the frame and watch out for the air step and jacks.

Last edited by mose; 11-26-2022 at 06:29 PM.
Old 11-26-2022

Hi Mose.

Thanks for the reply …

Pretty sure the ’91 and ’93 are really similar if not identical for the HWH system …

But I found info. in the Main manual for the bus referring to the HWH – Pages 15-1 through 15-3 specifically (See attached clips from these pages).

Most specifically from page 15-3:

If the park brake is not set when the “I” button is pressed, the “NOT IN PARK” light will come on and the system will not operate”.

I did not notice the "NOT IN PARK" warning come on before I aired up ... And, I do know the park brake was set. But maybe there needs to be air pressure to send a "Park" signal to the HWH ???

But, like I say, twice now, my jacks seem to work well, but only after getting air in the system – Does your manual say the same sort of things?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HWH CONTROL PANEL.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	83791   Click image for larger version

Name:	WLWB MANUAL REF. LEVELING JACKS + PARK BRAKE.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	83792   Click image for larger version

Name:	WLWB MANUAL REF. LEVELING JACKS + PARK BRAKE II.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	83793  
Old 11-27-2022

Ah. That is different/upgraded from mine. I don't have a 'park' input (and thus have the ability to lower the jacks and make sparks while driving).

I would GUESS that the park input would be tied to an air pressure switch on the parking brake air circuit; similar to the high idle, which won't engage unless in park.

So does the 'not in park' indicator always correlate to when it works or doesn't work?

A wiring diagram for the '93 may help to figure this out.
Old 11-27-2022

Mine has an LP-3 low air pressure sensor up in the front left bay connected to the HWH system. If disconnected, my jacks will not work.

Brian Stephens
'97 WB43
Old 11-27-2022

Hey guys.

Thanks for the replies ...

This thread answers a bit more:

https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...ad.php?t=26542 - Exactly how mine was responding:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvlmal View Post
transmission is in neutral and parking brake on and showing on -on the hwh control panel.(light)
when I push the on button it lights up and then push again and it begins to blink, but no had sound or action from the unit.
Randy's telling response to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
I had this happen twice in a week,i had to release and reset the parking brake with a full tank of air,fixed it twice.
I've been scanning the schematics + looking for the wiring for the LP-3 low air pressure sensor Brian mentioned above - Not found yet, I'll keep trying!

Thanks,
Old 11-27-2022
Forum owner

Funny,it never happened again.
I guess the switch was sticky?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com