Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your PT or WB model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....list your PT Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 08-01-2018

Has any one ever done adjustible ride height, some times I feel the bus is riding a little higher than it should, it would be nice to drop it down a tad to take out some of the body roll
82 FC 33 250 left me for another
Sumner Wa.
Old 08-01-2018

Should be 42" +/- 1" all 4 corners bottom of fender flare.
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/mhohnstein/library/
Old 08-01-2018

Thanks Randy, I tried the google search and kept getting FC part numbers.
The link you put up shows numbers for; 86 PT36, 87 PT38 and 86 PT40. I figure that there's multi year cross over but don't know which years. I will find out and when I do I'll post it in the thread you linked.
Badandy, thanks. I want to use Firestone for all the bags but if I have the Continental numbers I can cross reference them. Doubt it makes a difference but it will make me happy
2002 Roadtrek190
Email: AnFear58@yahoo.com
Old 08-01-2018
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnFear View Post
Thanks Randy, I tried the google search and kept getting FC part numbers.
The link you put up shows numbers for; 86 PT36, 87 PT38 and 86 PT40. I figure that there's multi year cross over but don't know which years. I will find out and when I do I'll post it in the thread you linked.
Badandy, thanks. I want to use Firestone for all the bags but if I have the Continental numbers I can cross reference them. Doubt it makes a difference but it will make me happy
So,when you get your new bags,post the numbers and brands in the thread i sent you,make sure you list the year of your coach.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-02-2018

Will do. Probably a good idea for members to put their current vehicles in the signature or tag. I realized how important it is looking through old posts for info.
2002 Roadtrek190
Old 08-02-2018

Robert, while you’re under there, check your panhard bar bushings. I think you can get some roll from that critter. At least I thought I fixed some of mine with it.

Bob Sumners
1993 WB
1983 PT35 Sold
Old 08-02-2018

Thanks Capt, I'm not planning on doing the work myself and I won't be bringing it in for service for a few weeks. Right now I'm researching any work on the suspension that should be done together to save on costs.
Panhard bushings are now on the list
I'm inclined to have any wear items replaced rather than just inspected. Not trying to throw away money but I happen to have it now and might not in the future (retired/fixed income).
Any other advice on what should be checked or replaced while having the shocks and air bags replaced would be welcome.
Like I posted in a different thread what I'm doing now is concentrating on getting the living area sorted. Plumbing, gas, appliances etc. Then I'll move on to the mechanical systems. I don't have the need now to move the bus more than a few miles at a time at this point.
One other thing. I do need tires so I planned on having the brakes done at that time. My thinking is that the wheels don't have to come off for the bags and shocks but I'm not certain.
After I figure out what work should be done with the shocks I need to find a place to do it. I'm in Danville Kentucky. I think this type of work might be better off done at a place that services big trucks rather than RV's. Any suggestions on where to have the work done in this area would be appreciated. Thanks.
2002 Roadtrek190