Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your PT or WB model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....list your PT Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 05-24-2009
Forum owner

Shane is the guy to talk to about isolators.

Heck-man,i like dentist just fine,as everyone can see i like to eat!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 05-24-2009
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Robinson View Post
Are your roof top search lights still working John??
Only one Rob, only one...............................Callie likes to test it every so often just to make sure. Here's proof that Rob can fix things.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 05-24-2009
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblerboy64 View Post
Hay, pickin on the short guys again???

So I am defending my short friend Rob. He's helped me plenty. And I know you guys love'm too.
That should be Short Squared Rob, either standing up or laying on his back, he's almost the same height Yes the CONSENSUS IS......I luv Rob, but you don't want to give him too much room

Now lets hear the bald jokes!!

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 05-24-2009

Ok time for some experienced input. The coolant hose that's broken is the one on the back of the compressor, under the floor. Looking down thru the trap door, BB replace the easy one. Short one the goes from the compressor into the back of the head. I have to do the hard one. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure Randy has done this one before...what's the trick?

Don & Jane
86 PT38 8V92
Pop Pop's Bus
Jeep cherokee in
24' car hauler
Old 05-24-2009
Forum owner

having a pit is a big help.
you may find it easier to remove the starter to get to the hose.
i made a long wrench to loosen the hose so i could change it without removing the starter,then getting to the compressor end is tough too.
it seems like doing the compressor end is always different,when we replaced the hose on Don B's coach i could reach the hose from the side louvered door.
I could not see it,but i could feel it.
No matter how you do it,its never easy.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 05-25-2009

[QUOTE=Don Meyer;20597]Also, I've had my Bird for about 6 years now. Put about 80k on it. Does anyone know a GOOD place in South Florida that is familiar with 8V92's to get a first rate tune up. And what I can expect to pay.

Don:

I have had my 93 8V92 Detroit up to the Florida Detroit Diesel shop in Fort Pierce, Fl. It is just east and south of the I-95/Turnpike exit. They work on Detroit Diesel and Allison Tranny. They have replace exhaust heads, leaking fuel rail lines in the heads, and oil and tranny routine service. They have a clean shop. My local Detroit Diesel only works on marine engines, and I would rather go to Ft. Pierce, than the shop in Miami. I have had problems with Palm RV/truck in Davie, they have done shotty work. (like trying to solve diesel leak on heads with RTV silicone ) I do not know how much a tune up would cost, but you can always ask. You mentioned that you are looking to get new tires. I too am in need of new tires. Used to get them locally at Liberty Tire in Davie, but they have gone out of business. All stores listed on Michelin site are too small to handle the Bluebird. I have not wandered up to Palm Beach sites yet, I am looking to replace 6 of my tires with either Michelin, Toyo, Suminito, or Goodyear. I currently have 12 R 22.5 Michelin XZE on the coach. Let me know about your search results on the tires.

William Jensen
1993 PT 40 WBWL
8V92 Detroit Turbo
"Maudi"
Deerfield Beach, Florida
Old 05-25-2009

Hi Randy,

Already have the starter down. As soon as I touched to hose above it, it broke off completely. I can see the compressor fitting thru the side door. Between the frame and floor. But not enough room to get my hand in there. I'll be working on it today. I'll let you know how I make out.

My next house I WILL have a nice pit.

William,

I got a lead from a neighbor about a tire store right here in Delray Beach. I'll talk to him soon and let you know how I make out. And thanks for the tip on the tune up shop.

Don & Jane
86 PT38 8V92
Pop Pop's Bus
Jeep cherokee in
24' car hauler
Old 05-25-2009
Forum owner

i had a tire fixed at dolphin tire in palm beach once,fast friendly service,fair prices.
Don,its easier when the hose breaks off!
just be careful to not break off the 90 degree fitting in the block!
you can turn the 90 fitting so you can get a wrench on the fitting.
And Glen and I somehow got that compressor end off and on,I was reaching in through the side door,Glenn was under the bus holding the hose in place with a forked stick,since he could not reach it.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 05-27-2009

Don,

I need to do the same air compressor coolant hose that your working on. Randy won't move his pit closer to NY, so I think I might try to have a mobile mechanic try it here at my shop. I'm curious to hear your opinion on this project, while it's fresh in your mind! Does removing the starter, make it doable without a pit?
Westchester Sandblast
Old 05-27-2009

Hi Tom,

Yes, removing the starter makes getting to the fitting on the block a breeze. Dirty job getting the starter down, but once it's down and things are cleaned up, it's not bad. As far as the compressor end goes...I got so frustrated trying to reach it I did this: I went to Home Depot, got a 6" hole saw. We have a center isle bed so I opened up the box and between the water tank and the engine box there's about 8"s of space. I bored the 6" hole just behind the compressor. I was able to reach in with a wrench and get the hose off. I needed another pair of eyes looking from the outside to guide me, but it worked. Today I'll get the new hose made a little longer to make it easier to re-route back to the block. After I check for any leaks. I'll just make a cover plate, seal it good and screw it down over the hole. Just think, permanent access for next time it needs replacement!

If you decide to do the hole, be careful of any wires or air lines that may be under the floor. I found one of each but they were far enough away the hole saw never touched them.

Don & Jane
86 PT38 8V92
Pop Pop's Bus
Jeep cherokee in
24' car hauler