Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > Announcements (MODERATED)

Announcements (MODERATED) Keep up to date with all the new things happening here at the Wanderlodge Owners Group discussion forum and BuyByeBlueBird.com!

Site Search:

Old 03-28-2014
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
John is good,thats for sure!
Randy, do we pay John to be good or is he good for nothing?
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 03-28-2014
Forum owner

well,eerrrr,let me think about that!!!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 03-28-2014
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Good for not exactly nothing

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 03-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpijag View Post
Since you brought up usability of the web site - especially with small screen devices, I have one suggestion to all members. Heed advice that has been around since before the days of a pretty graphical browsers.

Especially problematic when one replies to a post that has multiple inline photos. Members who are reading the thread have just seen all the photos in, say post #3 and now have scrolled down to the following post.....and there they are again - every last photo repeated with a one line comment tacked to the end!

thx from this small screen user
This is a PITA on a full size desktop when a post contains multiple pictures and everybody that replies to it hits "quote" and all that long line of pictures has to be scrolled through over and over. Much better in my opinion when pictures are added as an attachment for the reader to open then they aren't all printed out everytime somebody hits "quote"
JMHO
Dave

THE SHORT BUS
(She's Just a Little Slow)
Old 03-29-2014
John Wyatt – Administrator/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamflagman View Post

Snip....
Please make sure that you check the inserted photo to make sure that it doesn't run too wide and that it falls within the 800 x 600 pixel range, if it is larger than that just leave it as an attachment to be opened by the individual reader, it really isn't that difficult to do.
Hi John,

Since my question about deleting posts was such a big hit I’ll ask a similar question about posting pictures.

We used to be able to attach jpeg/jpg pictures with a file size of up to 800 kb - now the limit is 100 kb on jpeg/jpg pictures. I think the change happened in early 2012.

I've been wondering if this was done on purpose to conserve storage space or if it was something that just happened during a vBulletin upgrade or a webmaster change?

100 kb works ok most of the time but it was nice to be able to occasionally post higher resolution jpeg/jpg pictures when you wanted to allow others to zoom in to see details.
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001
Old 03-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTW1086@cox.net View Post
This is a PITA on a full size desktop when a post contains multiple pictures and everybody that replies to it hits "quote" and all that long line of pictures has to be scrolled through over and over. Much better in my opinion when pictures are added as an attachment for the reader to open then they aren't all printed out everytime somebody hits "quote"
JMHO
Dave
Dave,

If the peron wants to include the script of the quote all that has to be done is delete the pictures from the quote, here is a before and after example of what I am talking about.
Quote with pictures
Quote:
Gardner,

I use a grooved dual foot tire pressure inflator, that can be pushed straight onto the tires valve stem and then slightly tilted down and it holds itself onto the valve stem threads, then removing it is done easily by slightly twisting the inflator clockwise and it comes loose, this saves me from having to hold the inflator on the valve stem for an extended period.

Quote without pictures (place cursor over pictures and left click then right click and choose Cut)

Quote:
Gardner,

I use a grooved dual foot tire pressure inflator, that can be pushed straight onto the tires valve stem and then slightly tilted down and it holds itself onto the valve stem threads, then removing it is done easily by slightly twisting the inflator clockwise and it comes loose, this saves me from having to hold the inflator on the valve stem for an extended period.

JOHN FINN
1982 FC35RB
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 03-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselbird01 View Post
Hi John,

Since my question about deleting posts was such a big hit I’ll ask a similar question about posting pictures.

We used to be able to attach jpeg/jpg pictures with a file size of up to 800 kb - now the limit is 100 kb on jpeg/jpg pictures. I think the change happened in early 2012.

I've been wondering if this was done on purpose to conserve storage space or if it was something that just happened during a vBulletin upgrade or a webmaster change?

100 kb works ok most of the time but it was nice to be able to occasionally post higher resolution jpeg/jpg pictures when you wanted to allow others to zoom in to see details.

If this was a perfect world and all of the WOG members would take the time to read Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > How to use the Forum Features > How can I attach or add a photo to the body of my message? UPDATED INFORMATION allowing larger attachment photos would not be a problem, unfortunately a lot of us don't want to read how to do things and press on regardless and seeing that I can load a larger picture as an attachment, well why not just put that size in the body of the message and just submit it without checking if it is too big or not, then I get to be the bad guy and harass them because they inserted too big of a picture.

Right now the JPEG size allowed as an attachment is 102400 bytes I will double it to 204800 bytes and hopefully we won't experience the BIG PICTURE in the posts. Let me know if this is sufficient.

JOHN FINN
1982 FC35RB
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 03-29-2014
John Wyatt – Administrator/Moderator

Default Thanks John

Thanks John - that should help but if it ends up causing you more work please don't hesitate to drop it back to the smaller size.
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001
Old 03-29-2014
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

John Wyatt,, I know what you mean. I have a picture of the panel relays, and you can zoom in and read writing on any relay. If you need to post a high resolution picture, I can put it on my site. Just holler and I will post it for you.
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 03-29-2014
Forum owner

we get updates from Vbullitin often,but Mark and NHBill decide which ones we need to do.
WE do very few of the upgrades,because theres always a change that we don't like.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com