Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Full Timers

Full Timers Not everyone can be a full timer. This is the place to discuss questions, concerns, and other issues affecting full timers.

Site Search:

Old 01-13-2008
Gardner

Default Not exacticaly full timing, but!

I often wonder what motivates retired RVers to select their destinations. Here is a little insight into our plans.

When I first suggested an RV many years ago, my wife would roll her eyes and pretty much say 'over my dead body'. Fortunately it didn't come to that. After finally giving in and letting her demented husband buy one, she subsequently fell in love with the RV experience. We are planning our retirement around the RV and the places we will go.

My wife is not one to just go places; she needs a purpose and a plan. She is an accomplished, published photographer and her desire is to integrate her journalistic and fine art work with our travels [ www.duxburyphoto.com ]. I also love this idea because I find going to many of the destination RV parks and tourist attractions OK for a short visit, but not all that rewarding.

From our research into retirement it is clear that having a purpose and keeping active is essential. Having enough income to pay for the fuel is another consideration. I am kind of hoping that over the next 10 to 12 years that alternate sources of fuel will keep our coach on the road and not up on blocks

I need to work on that Avitar!!!!
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 01-14-2008
Former Bird Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcyeaw View Post
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]<snip>
I need to work on that Avitar!!!!
Avatar: open a photo in Photoshop. Use the cropping tool to create an approximately square image. Use the canvas size dialog to make the image exactly square (by reducing the measure of the longer dimension).

Then use the image size dialog to make the image exactly 80 pixels square. Save as a jpg with a high degree of compression. It's helpful to simplify the photo as there's little detail in an 80 x 80 pixel image.

Pete Masterson
(former) 95 WBDA 42'
(now) 2011 Roadtrek RS-Adventerous
Ridgefield, WA
aeonix1@me.com