Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Full Timers

Full Timers Not everyone can be a full timer. This is the place to discuss questions, concerns, and other issues affecting full timers.

Site Search:

Old 01-04-2013
Got One

My bird costs me $285 a year to license
Old 01-04-2013

In some states you pay your property tax at the same time as you get your license places, while in others the two are separate. Our daughter was shocked to find out how little our plates were here, compared to hers in Wyoming. When we added in the property taxes, though, the totals were much closer together.
Build number 4371
Old 01-05-2013

In Tennessee our annual fee for tags is $26. For antique tags on 25 year old vehicles a one-time fee of $26.75 gets you one; usable for parades etc., and "...general use on weekends". Would require Shane's iron butt to make it to Q and back during a weekend.
1986 PT36 6V92 "Golden Memories"-Sold
1993 WB40 "freeNeasy"-Sold
Old 01-05-2013
Consistently clueless

Ernie has it correct. Get the tags and don't worry. I've had several vehicles tagged as antiques that I drove to and from anywhere I wanted and never had anything more than a compliment from law enforcement. Considering the unique nature of the Wanderlodge, everywhere you go is showing it off. The following is from a DMV site offering plain language interpretation of the rule:

"You may apply for Antique license plates for your motor vehicle if it is at least 25 years old and a collector's item. The motor vehicle must be used exclusively for exhibitions, club activities, parades or other functions of public interest. Motor vehicles displaying Antique plates may not be used for regular transportation or advertising. The motor vehicle may be driven to and from a location for routine maintenance.

Antique plates are issued for five-year periods. The registration fee, not including other applicable fees for the five-year period is $50 for motor vehicles manufactured in 1921 and subsequent years. The registration fee, not including other applicable fees is $40 for motor vehicles manufactured in 1920 and prior years. Fees are reduced $10/$8 for each year of the period that has elapsed at the time the application is filed."

1990 WB-40 Royal Conversion
GS 810327023 -- FMCA 421581 -- SKP 109591

"[I][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]We are confronted with insurmountable opportunities... [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I]"
Walt Kelly, 08/25/1913 - 10/18/1973
Old 01-05-2013

Thanks Donn, This thread has strayed so far from Dennies original request about TEXAS antique tags and since we actually reside in this state- your state and mileage will be different then the Lone Star state. Amen-
www.ernieekbergflooring.net
Old 01-05-2013

Hey Bill,
I have antique plates on my 87FC. I think the first three lines just about cover any ralley anywhere in the country.

•Participation in antique car club activities, exhibits, tours, parades, and similar events.

•Testing its operation, obtaining repairs or maintenance, selling the vehicle or trailer, transportation to and from events as described in number 1 above and for the occasional pleasure driving not to exceed 250 miles from your residence.

•Carrying or transporting passengers, personal effects or other antique motor vehicles being transported for show purposes.

DMV uses the low end of NADA for the personal property tax. For once that number works in our favor.
Chris
1973 GMC Motorhome
804-426-1592
Old 01-05-2013
Consistently clueless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Ekberg View Post
Thanks Donn, This thread has strayed so far from Dennies original request about TEXAS antique tags and since we actually reside in this state- your state and mileage will be different then the Lone Star state. Amen-
I can understand the deviation from the original thread. WOGgers are everywhere and every state has unique regulations. Until yesterday I worked for state government and know full well how different states do the same thing very differently.

In 2015 I'll be getting my antique tags and saving all that money. The part of the regulation that says "The motor vehicle must be used exclusively for ... club activities" will make me legal wherever I go. WOG's major activity is making use of this classic motor coach... something I fully intend to do once I reach that magic age of retirement.

1990 WB-40 Royal Conversion
GS 810327023 -- FMCA 421581 -- SKP 109591

"[I][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]We are confronted with insurmountable opportunities... [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I]"
Walt Kelly, 08/25/1913 - 10/18/1973