Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 02-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfedeli View Post
Great story Rich! Thanks for sharing that. Many happy trails!
Same to you Shane. No one has contributed more than you have to the longevity of these Birds. You have helped countless owners over the years and made BB ownership more fun!
Old 02-25-2014
Forum owner

Well,i have known this was coming for a little while.
It still is not easy seeing the "old school" guys hang up the driving gloves.
Rich,you had good taste in Birds!
Blue Thunder is a pretty thing,and i always loved the colors of your 450.

Happy trails,we will meet again!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 02-25-2014
Tommy Two Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_man View Post
After 40 years of motorhoming, 23 of them in Blue Birds, Marianne and I have decided to start a new chapter in life. Unfortunately this one will not involve traveling by motorhome. Over the years we have met so many wonderful Wanderlodge Folks and made many, many great friendships that we hope will continue "post Bird".

Our first Bird was a 1990 WLWB bought with 4000 miles on it. Blue Thunder, yes I had the name put on her and the mural on the back. I totally refurbished the interior before trading it on a 1999 43' LXi in 2001. That was a wonderful coach too. We enjoyed it until trading it toward the 2006 M450 LXi around the end of 2010. What a coach that M450 was/is. After extensive recall operations at the factory and all corrections made, we took it home and never looked back. Ride, brakes, handling, amenities, etc. on this 3 slide coach made it not only the roomiest and most trouble free but the most comfortable Blue Bird we ever traveled in.

It is with many regrets that we leave the WOG and Blue Bird Families.

The new owner (from a deal brokered by Randy,) is Jim Pickering. Jim is a retired Marine pilot/Captain and just learning all of the nuances of the M450. Having had travel trailers it is a big jump but I am confident he will, in short order, master all he needs to enjoy traveling in this wonderful coach. Jim and his lovely wife Kathy live in Georgia and he raises and shows retrievers, traveling all over the USA. He will be towing a specially equipped pickup with kennels and is getting that ready to go at Coachcraft as I type this. While Jim plans to engage Johnney Anderson to help learning about his coach, I am sure he will be helped by all y’all as well.

If you don't mind, I'll continue to check in here and maybe even be able to help with an answer once in a while. Best wishes to all of you on the forum. Your combined knowledge and willingness to help both newcomers and old timers as well is a wonderful asset to all that drive these fine machines.

Regards,
Rich D.

Rich, having a sister of your coach since last May, I have experienced many of the issues that Jim will encounter with graduating to the M450. Thanks for your help with my issues. I contract with Johnney and I have counted that he has saved me from paying thousands of dollars unnecessarily in just 9 months, possibly tens of thousands just a few weeks ago.

They are a wonderful coach and you have be generous enough to share your knowledge and experience for a long time. Thank you.

If you are near Lake Tahoe, send me a note and we can tell war stories.

Tommy 'Two Shoes' McCarthy

GoneAway
2006 M450LXI
Gardnerville, NV
Near South Lake Tahoe in the Carson Valley
Old 02-25-2014

Best wishes to you, I know all of us who had your help with issues in the past are grateful. It's great to be a member of the BB family.
www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=168
Old 02-26-2014
Can't re-member

Rich,

Sorry to hear that you are leaving the ownership of BB's but am glad that you will hang around and share your Wanderlodge wisdom and experience. I have enjoyed many good threads with you on the group plus "in person" time at the WOG rallies. Best of luck in your "new chapter" and I look forward to many more postings from you in the future.

John

John Stiles
1980 33FC
"My Navion". SOLD
Stockbridge, GA