Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 02-08-2017

We've had the side aisle; we've had the private bath; we've got a private toilet. Side aisle wins, but at the very least a private toilet is mandatory for us.
1986 PT36 6V92 "Golden Memories"-Sold
1993 WB40 "freeNeasy"-Sold
Old 02-08-2017
WanderBee

My 2001 LX has a center aisle with a private toilet. I think that is the best configuration for us. The private toilet allows someone to move through the coach front to back without interrupting any "personal" time. And the center aisle gets used as open space in the bathroom and allows for a bigger shower - which is important for me.

My previous Winnebago had a center aisle with no private toilet. Neither the wife nor I much cared for that configuration. A private toilet was not mandatory but a strong consideration for when we bought a Bird. I am very happy we got it now. I don't think I'd buy one without it now.

Also, I am a big guy - 6-4 275 and I have no issues as described above with the private toilet and our shower in terms of space. There is plenty of room in there for me in both areas. Plus, the toilet has its own sink. That gives us 2 sinks for getting ready in the morning (on the rare occasion when we need 2).
Marietta, GA
Old 02-08-2017

Me tinks having aisles is better than not having aisles Beats crawling thru the attic - - - - or basement for that matter
When I was much younger . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Think outhouse
"Bordering On Adequate"
Old 02-08-2017
Resident Rookie

We have had both also. But when traveling with kids or friends, it is easier for them to shower, etc. without blocking the rear bedroom if you have a side aisle.
Not mentioning any names, but some teenage girls spend a lot of time washing and drying hair....just saying...

On another note; Has anyone noticed that when the driver has to use the restroom, all the passengers need to go as he stops and sets the brake...probably caused by the hissing service brake valve or some other subliminal signal.
Argyle, Texas
940-300-5257

FMCA #72567, WL #1986, Vintage Birds # 345,
IBA #11205
Old 02-09-2017

Just to build on KC's post, we may tow a port-a-potty secured with bungee cords on a toad trailer! May I park next to you?
2015 GMC Acadia Toad, AF One Brake
Midland, NC
dj.obrien@att.net
Preferred to PM

"A Bird in the barn is worth all the Birds on the web."
Old 02-09-2017

I appreciate all the comments/opinions. What is the difference between a side and a diagonal aisle? Is the floor plan with the fridge on about a 45 degree angle from the side of the coach an example of diagonal? If so, I have not seen a picture of a side aisle.
The quest continues...
2015 GMC Acadia Toad, AF One Brake
Midland, NC
dj.obrien@att.net
Preferred to PM

"A Bird in the barn is worth all the Birds on the web."
Old 02-09-2017

The bathroom isn't a big deal for the 2 of us. What I like about our center isle is, we can cool the whole coach at night with the rear air conditioner. TV can be watched without the noise of the front airs.
"The Aviary"
Old 02-09-2017
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

1997 floor plans,, this is in our downloads. shows a good variety of different layouts.

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ata%20Book.pdf
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 02-09-2017

Our bus is a side aisle and the wife loves it because you can't see through the bathroom from the bus living area, the privy is private. From my perspective, which centers around bus maintenance, the negative aspects of the design though are our washer/dryer combo is in the middle of the bus instead of against one of the side walls. The back of it is against the interior bedroom wall and requires dryer exhaust to go through the floor of the bus under the unit. This is a much more restrictive flow path and much less effective at ridding moist dryer exhaust air than a short exhaust run through an exterior wall. Our toilet is against the street side wall, but not over the black water tank. This required a Microphor pneumatic toilet with rear discharge to push the waste through the drain line to the black water tank located to the rear of it. It does work well when it works, but gravity is much less complicated, requires no maintenance and is completely dependable to operate a standard RV type toilet when located over the black water tank. With this type toilet you also have it's dedicated 12V air compressor taking up bay space. BB may have laid out the side baths in other busses differently, this is only how ours was built. Since our ownership of the bus I have removed the washer/dryer unit and 12V air compressor taking toilet air from another compressor source, but those are other stories. These are things I would consider though, as head of the maintenance department, if I ever decide to go Blue Bird shopping again, but I doubt that will happen because we are both happy with our bus. As I said though, the wife loves the side aisle design, therefore I love it, too.

Andy & Jean Harmon
Dakota (our Aussie traveling buddy)
Beverly Hills, FL
1996 WB42 (SOLD)
Old 02-09-2017
Administrator

check out www.vintagebirds.com for floor plans