Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 06-22-2017

Default Slide wont operate, no power to the panel

For the short story I needed to replace the computer on the Cummings. Obviously all batteries etc.. were shut done while waiting for the Parts and the mechanic etc...OK the new computer is in and the Cummings seems to be running great, But the slide will not operate. I talked to George Morris and he had me pull of the panel of the box inside the second bay behind the driver. He thinks they built these with another smaller box next to it with some sort of GFI or breaker designed strictly for the slide. I cannot find it anywhere. Everything is working properly an the inside and all lights work fine, does anyone know where that breaker could possibly be???? The slide panel has no power to it.
2004 PT Cruiser

USMC 0311
DAV Life Member
Old 06-22-2017

Are you referring to a front slide or rear slide?

If front slide make sure that the bay doors underneath the slide are closed, the ignition must be on.

Amateur Radio - KG7V
Old 06-22-2017

Sorry yes front slide I only have 1 slide, the panel is not getting power at all George said even if something else was the issue the panel should be getting power, something tripped somewhere.
2004 PT Cruiser

USMC 0311
DAV Life Member
Old 06-22-2017

Default Slide Power

Investigate the Electrical Panel under driver - Outside. there is a fuse for Slide Power... can't remember which one.... Left side towards bottom of CB panel. Might be Column 1 Row 10 = 1.5 amps.

Good luck
OC BIRD
Old 06-22-2017
prone to wandering

Mike, the few times that I have had slide issues I have gone into the panel under the drivers window (from the outside) and pulled the slide fuse, then re inserted it a minute later and all was fine.
Hope this helps
jimdoel@me.com
Old 06-22-2017

Thanx guys I tried that twice and no good, I wonder if there is a GFI somewhere that I cannot find, and George swears there is a little Box that has a breaker or switch specifically for the slide, he said usually on the ceiling in bay 2 or 3 on driver side. It is not there. I'm getting frustrated seems like Im running into all these weird things.
2004 PT Cruiser

USMC 0311
DAV Life Member
Old 06-22-2017

I assume you want the slide to extend?
What does the slide display say?
OK to extend or ??
Are your bay doors closed?
Ign key in ac position?
Aux pump on?
"Smooth Ride"
Full Timing with 2 cats
Old 06-23-2017

Mike

You say "lights on inside work fine". Is there power to the inside, front slide LCD display/control panel? Might be obvious but if not is the 12V Master ON? Remember that's a 2-way switch, one on dash and one on pass seat panel. The 12v Master must be ON to light that control panel. If the panel is powered, the Front Slide CB (under drivers window panel, 3 up from bottom on left column) is obviously ON. By the way (except for the Shift Inhibit) instead of pulling fuses to reset the slide - a simple 12v DC Master switch OFF/ON should do the same thing.

Do you have the wiring diagram shown below? (These are snaps of what's in the WOG library and may not be as clear as the original). Looking at the wiring diagram, you will see that the front slide does not use 120v AC hence no GFCI (the rear one does but that's a different story). The diagram also shows all the inputs that must be satisfied to move the slide, and there are a bunch. Besides the ones mentioned above, the most critical is air pressure. The system needs BOTH 12 PSI for the seal operation and 100 PSI to move it. If your Aux pump is not putting out at least 100 PSI it won't move, period. Try starting the engine and letting the pressure build till the pop off releases, then check the Front/Rear Brake gauges (only gauges most of us have) to verify. When I'm moving the slide, I use the engine air compressor & rarely rely on just the Aux 120v air compressor.

Again, what does the LCD Display panel say? There are lots of possibilities - see pic snap two below. You also say that George said the "panel" is not getting power and by that I think you are referring to the Mitsubishi PLC panel in the bay. Thankfully, mine has never had issues but the wiring diagram shows what I assume are breakers for the various functions. If you have narrowed the problem down to these, then DonB would be the person to ask. He is our resident PLC expert!

We all marvel at the complexity BB engineers (unnecessarily) built into these coaches! If you keep digging you'll find the answer and (in my case) the solution almost always involves operator error! We're all learning...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2495.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	49573   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2497.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	49574  
Old 06-23-2017
Geek

The front slide is powered by the right-most (as you look at them) of the two solenoids under the driver's window. That solenoid is triggered by the master 12v power.

If it is on and working it will be very hot, so easy diagnosis. If it is cold, jumper it with a pair of pliers and see if power comes on. If not, your problem is "upstream" but otherwise it is the solenoid itself.

If it is hot, your problem is "downstream" from there.

My solenoid is permanently jumped, with the activation line removed. It is a 2+ amp drain and a known failure point.
Prior: 2004 M380 Double Slide
Prior: 1990 WB40 "Blue Thunder"
My location: www.bbirdmaps.com/user2.cfm?user=1
Old 06-23-2017

Mike got his slide out, apparently the house batteries are weak, so once on shore power everything worked.
"Smooth Ride"
Full Timing with 2 cats