Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 12-21-2019

Assuming you could open the valve, why couldn’t you just run hot water down the sink?
Old 12-21-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by al perna View Post
Well that plan didn't go so well . Saved the fitting and lost the hose . Plastic even the best is no match for 19 degree frozen water , lol So Erika is off to buy a new hose and a new lesson has been learned . Hove the garden hose in the coach now thawing out so we can fill her up . Man do I love an adventure lol
al you need to write a manual for cold weather camping,,,,, but wait untill you head south !!
even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile
washington Il.
Old 12-21-2019

Well , what we did was find a new campground and then go to the local box store ( camping world ) to buy a new hose . After some soap and pliers we were able to secure a new cheap dump hose on the Theford ? why I don't know weird size connector . But , you know at the end of the day all is good . discovered a new Pub in New Jersey with great beer and food . Now tell me what changes in Latitude or Longitude have you had the past year

2000 LXI Single Slide (sold)
1999 Prevost Vantare 45

Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 12-21-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by irmagoo View Post
al you need to write a manual for cold weather camping,,,,, but wait untill you head south !!
Mike , You are correct my Brother , write about all the things that if I had any sense I could avoid , but soon I will head west for Q then Indio Ca for a a bit cause the day is coming when those little Loved ones ( Grand Children ) will ground my wild spirit . But till then adventure awaits

2000 LXI Single Slide (sold)
1999 Prevost Vantare 45

Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 12-21-2019

Winter is fun in a BB.
In 2010 we spent the entire winter in the mountains in NH. Below zero night after night. Single digit temps for several weeks at a time. We were parked outside my investment property in NH. But we had access to the laundry room. Obviously this served well for laundry duties. But we still had to contend with the cold since we were living in the coach. When it came time to fill the fresh water, we hooked up to the faucet in the laundry room. Then rolled the hose up and store it in the laundry room. Dumping the gray water was no big deal. We had a separate hose for that. Just watered the trees in the woods. Then stored that hose in the laundry room as well. Dumping the black tank was a different story. We had to unhook everything and drive a few mile to the local sewer plant. They had a free RV dump. We never had a problem with frozen holding tanks or drain valves. We kept either a bit of antifreeze or some salt solution in them. Never had a frozen pipe in the coach either. And the local propane dealer would deliver propane to the coach so I didn't have to move it for that. Everything considered it wasn't a bad experience. However, I would not voluntarily do it again. We've become too accustomed to the warm weather in the south.

Don & Jane
86 PT38 8V92
Pop Pop's Bus
Jeep cherokee in
24' car hauler