Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Coaches For Sale by WOG Members

Coaches For Sale by WOG Members Coaches WOG members have for sale along with a short description. New rules for selling coaches May 1, 2019

Site Search:

Old 01-10-2020
Forum owner

Somebody needs to buy this so Jim can move on.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 01-10-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
Somebody needs to buy this so Jim can move on.
That may have just happened. Thanks to you posting it Randy

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 01-10-2020
tintent

please post if not sold . I was pulling change from under the couch cushions
Old 01-10-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984Lodge View Post
What a shame this was done.. So I guess you do not even know what the mechanic actually did..
So I have been contemplating a mobile service to work on rvs for folks in need and especially bluebird folks... I have plenty of mechanical knowledge and am not afraid of working on anything when it comes to the mechanical or even the rv side of things. This just makes me want to push my plans into action even sooner... I hope someone is able to save your bird... and sorry you have to take the hit for this guys lack of honesty...
Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
Wow, I'm sorry to see all this. Another bad mechanic story, unfortunately. That's a lot of money to spend on it, too.

Is it in Indiana with you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
I'm really sorry to hear about this experience for you Jim. I hope you can get it worked out in the best way. I sure hope you are going to hang around the forum and maybe find another bird. Happy to help if i can in the future. Good luck!

I appreciate the concern guys. I have been around the horn a few times and have gotten to the point of being able to roll with the punches pretty well. Once I got over the initial shock and the desire to choke the living s**t out a certain mechanic I went about moving on. That is what I have done and life is too short to worry about that anymore. The older I get the shorter that time is, so I got over it. But I will say, when I was sitting in that clowns office reading him the riot act, my old instincts kicked in and I was fully prepared to grab him and stuff that bus where the sun will never shine. He's lucky I mellowed out after my retirement. I wouldn't have given you two cents for his chances in my earlier days. Back then he not only would have most likely needed medical attention but a dam good attorney too. I mean a dam good one, because in my 30 year career I never lost a case in court. Not one. I need to retract that. My very first traffic ticket case I lost, back in 1974. It was then vowed never to let that happen again. I kept that vow.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
260-224-1278
Old 01-10-2020

Guys , I know Jim and being 6' 3" 235 lbs and a few years younger I would know better to do Jim wrong . Jim will be the first to tell you he is not mechanical and I will bet the only reason he is selling so cheap is to move on so he can sleep at night and not being tempted to end up where this mechanic belongs , in jail . So like Randy said a engine is far less money than paint . scoop it up before it is to late if you have the funds . But please do not try to insult him with a low ball offer cause you too might send Big Jim over the edge and like the song says you don't mess with Big Jim Sorry for your loss my friend .

2000 LXI Single Slide (sold)
1999 Prevost Vantare 45

Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 01-10-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintent View Post
please post if not sold . I was pulling change from under the couch cushions
I will let everybody know as things progress.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
260-224-1278
Old 01-10-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by al perna View Post
Guys , I know Jim and being 6' 3" 235 lbs and a few years younger I would know better to do Jim wrong . Jim will be the first to tell you he is not mechanical and I will bet the only reason he is selling so cheap is to move on so he can sleep at night and not being tempted to end up where this mechanic belongs , in jail . So like Randy said a engine is far less money than paint . scoop it up before it is to late if you have the funds . But please do not try to insult him with a low ball offer cause you too might send Big Jim over the edge and like the song says you don't mess with Big Jim Sorry for your loss my friend .
Thanks Al, your check is in the mail.

Oh, by the way you got the height right, but the weight used to be on target, but that aint so anymore

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
260-224-1278
Old 01-11-2020

jim this morning is the first time i saw this posting- no internet lately ,,,, guys i too know jim and his coach is vary nice and well maintained its a shame this happen but
someone will get a bargain
mike
even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile
washington Il.
Old 01-11-2020

Smile

Jim, was ruminating on your experience with the mechanic and hindsight is always 20/20. Couldn’t help but wander if that grease monkey bus fixer could have been a resource to you. He is close , right? I have come to enjoy watching his resurrections of the dead. He seems to have good knowledge.

Best of luck with sale.
Craig.haedrich@hotmail.com
717 743-8764
“In a time of deceit, telling the truth becomes revolutionary “
Old 01-11-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-Liberty View Post
Jim, was ruminating on your experience with the mechanic and hindsight is always 20/20. Couldn’t help but wander if that grease monkey bus fixer could have been a resource to you. He is close , right? I have come to enjoy watching his resurrections of the dead. He seems to have good knowledge.

Best of luck with sale.
I considered that, but in the final analysis I decided to just move on. Right or wrong it makes no difference. There are some other issues involved in this decision and I don't mind stating them. When I bought this bus Michele and I had just been dating and so she had very little input in the bus. Subsequently, she came to feel like it was "MY BUS". She came to like it, but never quite felt like it was "OUR BUS". We had discussed upgrading a couple of times, but never got serious. We even came to the point of getting out of a Bird and going the Super C route when it went down the first time. That decision came due to access to a modern motor that most shops will work on and more convenient access to the motor to work on it. Let's just say, the 8v92 is fit in the back of the bus with a shoehorn. You can't get to anything easily which increases time and effort and of course money. So, we looked but never went there. So when we got back from WOG it was a time of decision again. Do we fix it, or do we move on, or do we give up? I hate giving up. It's not in my nature. Fixing was a possibility. I am not one that worries. In the most serious moments of my life I came to believe it was wasted energy to worry about anything. Channel that energy into eliminating what it is you are worrying about. However, I can't speak for my wife. She comes from a long line of worriers and I come from a long line of warriors. We are polar opposites. Anyway, Michele and I talked and came to the final decision to move on. I was pleasantly surprised at her enthusiasm of looking for another coach. My only requirement was that it was mechanically sound and something that could be worked on reasonably well. She got downright excited about some coaches she saw. Then she saw one that made her more than enthusiastic. Down right giddy!! So, I love my wife and saw the gleam in her eye, which honestly was missing, with the other coach. I think I finally found "OUR BUS"!! So, there you have it.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
260-224-1278