Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > FC (Forward Control Unique Issues)

FC (Forward Control Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your FC model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.......List your FC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 05-22-2012

Default A Cure for Floppy Step

I have had this issue with my Bird that when it has been parked for awhile and the air leaks out of the system, the door step get's floppy. I have solved this by installing a couple of sheer pins in the step supports. It works great.

Coincidently, I have found that when I started using the pins, the air in front suspension will stay charged for a week. I suspect I was loosing some air at the step ram. Here are some pics of the pins.

Tim

Tim Kuhlman
Battle Ground, WA
83 FC35
Old 05-22-2012

On the subject of steps....is there a way, on an SP, to have the step retracted while the bird is parked for extended periods of time?
Old 05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBiscuit View Post
On the subject of steps....is there a way, on an SP, to have the step retracted while the bird is parked for extended periods of time?
On my SP there is a switch in the pass-through bay designed to do exactly that. I've never tried it to see if it works as I was full-timing up until recently and so the step was always out anyway.