Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 07-08-2017

Default Air leak

Firstly, I'm hard of hearing, but my eye site is still working reasonably well. I could not hear the hurricane at the rear of my coach, but I could see the air gauge (yellow pointer) go down like a rocket.

I lifted and supported the coach and went deep diving to find a 1/2 inch or larger air hose that must be exploded. I did not find the culprit and began to worry if I could even make it to WW Williams in Columbia to have the experts diagnose it.

I called Randy out of desperation, sort of like being afraid in the dark and begging for help. Randy gave me his experience and pointers.

My Grandson comes up and says "Papa, I hear air leaking near hear". He was at my service bay. Turns out the 1/2" hose leak was a 1/4" dump valve air line. I would have never thought such a small line would leak more than the air compressor could supply at idle speed. Moral of the story, don't overlook the small stuff.