Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 12-28-2009

Unhappy Air and ABS problems

Just got back from the repair shop in Panama City. I took it in to fix an air leak (4th place to work on it) and to fix the ABS problem (3rd place to work on it). I still have the problems. Bleakley, Josams, and the Truck repair place in PC have all failed.

What they told me this morning was that the actuator that locks and unlocks the steeable tag axle is leaking along a seam. They need knowledgable advice before they tackle this air leak problem.

They said they cleaned all my sensors and the ABS light was still on. They stated that they did not know if was a bad sensor or the ABS control module was the problem. Again, they need help in order to define where the problem is.

Sometimes my front and rear air tanks will hold pressure and sometimes they loose pressure in 30 minutes or so. This morning before I left(over night) and while waiting for service, air pressure in the front and rear air tanks held perfectly. After Service, I had to wait until air pressure built up before I could drive off (it sat for about 20 or 30 minutes). I don't think this has anything to do with the tag actuator air leak, because I believe that only affect the Aux. Air, which does steps, dump valves, etc.

I am not a mechanic, but I would welcome any suggestions or courses of action to take. This is about to drive me nuts. I would say drink, but I don't need any encouragement to do that.

The last 6 months have not been kind to me. My dimmer switch in the motor home tore up, so I replaced it with the identical switch. It worked a week before it tore up. Now I have the third switch (different brand) in there and it has worked for the past 5 days. Two switches in about 3 weeks. The gremlins are after me.

Eight 5 zero four four 7 one 7 zero zero
1994 Wanderlodge (sold)
2000 LXI (sold)
1993 Wanderlodge(Sold)
2004 M380 (FOR SALE)
1997 Marathon
Old 12-28-2009
95 WB 42

Richard
I feel your pain it's difficult to repair/fix things that work one time and not the next. Sounds like one of your dump sol valves is sticking sometimes,one thing to try is to clean and lube them. Best way is removal to clean and lube that way you can also check for bad o-rings.
For a down and dirty quick fix you could try dumping ALL air lowering coach [so it cannot drop] remove air input to valves and put several drops of LIGHT air line oil into line,reconnect cross fingers and try again,sometimes this works. DO NOT use WD40 it will gum it up even worse. ---- don't ask how I learned that

1995 WB 42 Series 60
Perry Georgia
770-548-1441 cell
Old 12-28-2009

Richard, have you checked the park brake valve (dash valve)? If leaking that dash valve can pass a lot of air quickly. Try rotating the knob and jiggle the valve slightly and you may actually see the front and rear tank guages dropping pressure. John F. had a recent post about leaking dash valves.
1988 WB
1999 43 LXI SINGLE SLIDE
ROLLA MISSOURI 65401

Last edited by giderich; 12-28-2009 at 04:09 PM. Reason: fixed sp
Old 12-29-2009
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by giderich View Post
Richard, have you checked the park brake valve (dash valve)? If leaking that dash valve can pass a lot of air quickly. Try rotating the knob and jiggle the valve slightly and you may actually see the front and rear tank guages dropping pressure. John F. had a recent post about leaking dash valves.

Richard,

Here is the thread that Dick is reffering to;

Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Parts Wanted > Parking Brake Valve

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11