Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Toads and Trailers General discussion and For Sale or Wanted

Toads and Trailers General discussion and For Sale or Wanted Toads general discussion and list your Toads or Trailers and others that you have found For Sale and Wanted and also discussions about them here.

Site Search:

Old 02-10-2018

Default Georgia Trailers

Is anyone using one of the built in Georgia enclosed trailers ? If so then pros/cons, happy/unhappy, how long have you had it, how many miles ?
I realize you get what you pay for but there is a substantial price difference between those and me buying one locally here in New England.
Old 02-10-2018
Forum owner

The ones i have seen were cheaply built,i had a customer buy 2 of them and take them to Canada,2 different times.
Cheap price,cheap trailer.
They really went cheap on how namy screws held the wall skins on,the roof was supposed to be one piece,and they were 2 pieces,having a seam in the roof is not a good idea.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 02-10-2018

There is a big trailer dealer close to me and I've looked at them some and talked to the sales guys. Carlisle Events is one of the bigger venues for classic cars and this place gets a fair amount of business from guys buying cars in Carlisle .I think the cheaper trailers are probably fine for people that rarely use them and never load them to capacity. I am rather amazed by just how little you can spend . There can't be much to them. I'd never buy a cheap trailer to pull behind a MH . I'm not crazy about pulling any trailer but if I was going to do it I would probably buy a feather light maybe try to find a used one

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia
Old 02-11-2018

They are the cheapest,...um, .... stuff you can get.
2000 LX40 ME "Angry Bird!"
Body# 129047
RShrimp@Yahoo.com
Old 02-12-2018

I too am looking at buying a trailer. Cost is always a factor but I really measure things by value (to me) more than just a dollar amount. The base trailer I am looking at (22x8.5) isn't terribly expensive. Around 5100.00. Of course when I add the options I think it needs to do what I want it to do and be strong and stable, such as 12" spaced floor joists, welded in E-track on the floor and walls, 3/4 plywood on floor and walls, 3/8" plywood on the ceiling, a third 7000lb axle, heavier gauge aluminum, and the list goes on and on. By the time all of the extras get put on I wouldn't call it cheap anymore. If they do a decent job putting all of the parts together then I believe I will have the trailer I want. If they don't execute well, then I guess I will have to investigate other options.....

Buck Jackson
Tallahassee, Florida
2006 M450 Lxi
Old 02-12-2018

If you think about what many people haul in them and what could happen if a fellow would have a catastrophic failure it might make spending more easier. In addition the better made trailers just look better which is of itself of some value

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia
Old 02-12-2018

I have three of them. Very cheap. We use in our demo business and the guys destroy them no matter if cheap or expensive so i went cheap. Also have a wells cargo and a lark, Both are built well.
2002 Country Coach (SOB)
94 BMC 37 - Sold 2017
86 Prevost -40 (Royal) Sold
1970 National 36 - Sold
98 Jeep TJ
Old 02-12-2018

My next trailer will have 16" wheels with LT tires, the 15" stuff stinks
Cape Cod,ma
Old 02-13-2018

Back before I retired in 2011 I was faced with the trailer decision to move the family before I could follow them. The Georgia trailers were very tempting, but for the same money I bought a '96 26ft all aluminum Featherlite off C'list. An additional benefit to being extremely well built is that the lighter aluminum frame gives you more cargo capacity. I hauled it many times at max axle capacity (9600 lbs) with zero problems running 15" Marathons. I also determined the easy way to know when max loaded without scales: when the tires are set to max pressure and the center of the axles are at 13" from the ground she is at 9500bs +/- verified later on the scales. I've used it to haul cars and other stuff since, but I don't pull it behind the bird. It exceeds Tennessee max length restrictions (65 ft total I think), I couldn't get it out of my drive hooked up if I tried, and then there is the "what to do with it at the campground" issue.
'86 PT38 "Eagle's Rest"
'82 FC35 (sold)
Old 02-17-2018

Default Georgia Trailers

I bought one from them, cheap cheap, on the way home rivets/screws were falling out, pure junk in my opinion.

Haulmark, Cargo Mate or much more expensive Featherlite are the trailers to buy.