Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 02-13-2018

Well I agree about changing boiler fluid, all the trouble I had regaurding limited hot water was mainly due to lack of maintenance.

My heat exchanger was badly blocked up, after cleaning it with spirits of salts which really did clean all the **** out of it, put everything back together and...... limited hot water, but as hurricane was removed & running outside of rv did notice that with rad cap removed the flow of water was not particularly good, so fitted a remote pipe to water pump just to see how good the pump was, and could not believe how much water these pumps can actually flow.Pump was fine

I then removed the water pipe that comes out of the boiler and goes to the heat exchanger and fitted a remote pipe that would fill a bucket. Then filled the reservoir with a watering can & put power to the water pump......and wow could not believe my eyes with what came out the boiler !!! it was full of black bits & sludge no wonder the poor heat exchanger was keep getting blocked. Ive since ran gallons like this way through boiler & cleaned the rest of system out and bingo water is really hot & flow of water through reservoir is huge

2004 wanderlodge M380
Old 04-18-2018

Default a new Hurricane Heater issue

A few days ago I noticed some water on the floor that was coming from beneath the small sofa in my M380. I traced it down to a leak in the furnace heater unit. Turns out this unit was manufactured in June 2000 by Mobile Climate Control Canada. I spoke with them today and found this coil is not is stock and they are not certain if they can produce one.

Knowing the WOG has almost infinite resources, I am putting out an APB for a MCC Model 247 heater unit P/N 12-4701 or the heater coil P/N 22-0171. The attached spec sheet and parts list was downloaded from the MCC website today.

If you know where I can find a new or used complete heater unit or the coil, please send an email to me at danbangert@cox.net or give me call at 337 280 9739.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	coil for Mobile Climate Control Low Amp Heater Model 247 info (cat pg 134).jpg
Views:	21
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	55028  
Old 04-19-2018

Default Throwing out ideas...

So far crickets on your posting . Anyone contact you yet? Assume you’ve contacted all the usual suspects - ITR, Rixen’s, Randy’s “magic warehouse”, one or more Aqua Hot dealer/servicing companies (since rumor has it AH bought out Hurricane). Maybe Doc or Dan Hunt would have a line on one? What about a parted-out-M380/M450, if you could find one. How about a recore/repair of the old element by a good radiator shop? Would be surprised if MCC built the element they used. Assume they couldn’t or wouldn’t tell you where they sourced theirs? Did you search manufacturers for that? As I’m sure you know, the Thomas Register is now called ThomasNet.com. If you can’t find it there, it’s not made currently. The trick is narrowing it down to the baby sized element MCC used. Amazon shows a small baseboard hydronic HE element - FABTEK CLR-1 Fin Clamp Hydronic Baseboard Element Additional Fins, 1' Section For 3/4" Copper https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EO8C228..._Npj2AbY2FKFSD. I wonder if “FABTEK” makes others? Perhaps you could substitute an entire Aqua Hot heat exchanger? - https://aquaheatpartswarehouse.com/c...changer-parts?. Tons of car/water heating elements out there. The trick would be to find a matching size...

Let us know how it works out.
Old 04-19-2018

Van, thanks for your suggestions. I am still waiting to hear back from the MCC distributor. If they are not able to provide a coil, then I will start chasing alternatives. I've not reached out to Randy or Stephen to see if they having anything in their respective stashes of BB parts. I did get a call from a WOG'er today suggesting I reach out to another WOG'er who parted out a SOB a few years ago that might have the heater I am needing.

We missed you guys at last weekends LSB Rally in Marble Falls, Tx. It was a bit windy and cool but it was a great outing.