Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 02-12-2018

Default microwave power outlet

hello WOG,

I find myself open and in need of some help here on finding where the outlet is for my microwave . I'm in the process of installing a new one and for the life of me I can not find the outlet .

I have looked for and found many a false panel on the left , upper , and lower sides and can not find it . George told me it cant be fare as it is only 3 foot long , but boy does this have me stumped . Any and all ideas will be considered so please do bring them on . And as always thank you in advance .

2000 LXI Single Slide
Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 02-12-2018

Have you removed the old microwave? It seems that if you take down the old one, you should be able to follow the cord to the plug.

Sky Cheney
1998 43' LXi #F119728
Lansing, Michigan
Old 02-13-2018

Al, I know there is a world of difference in your coach and mine, but when I changed mine out I found the outlet in the cabinet above the microwave. Those famous "hidden screws" in the gray material, inside the cabinet, once found, allowed me to remove a section of the interior and there was the outlet. The cord comes out the top of the microwave on all of them I have ever installed, so it has to be up there someplace. I don't think I have ever seen a cord that didn't come up on the right side of the top either, if I think about it.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 02-13-2018

I know that there is a huge difference in age of our coaches, but, I found mine in the wall above the microwave. Many screws were removed to find it.
Old 02-13-2018

What microwave did you purchase? Perfect fit?
2013 Lincoln MKX (toad)
alan.darson@gmail.com
Old 02-13-2018

Thanks Guys for the ideas.

Sky , I have removed the Microwave . After a few hours of searching I cut the cord of the microwave to get her out of my way . The cord went behind the wall , where the bracket that holds the microwave is screwed .

Jim , I removed the bracket so I could find a opening somewhere that she was plugged into , no such luck . I do not have a cabinet above the microwave only the duck work for the vent , but I removed it anyway to search , but found the cord drops down the wall into no mans land . The possible length of 3' would put the box behind the mirror back splash on the counter , but I'm not going there yet, lol

Allen , We did go with an exact match as far as we could from Sharp. Erika called them up and gave them our current model number and they told her which one to order .

Let me share why I replaed the oven . As a few of you may know Non "Esential upgrades do not usually make it to the top of my to do list . The other day Erika was heating up some left over Mexican Food , and tells me the door to the microwave will not open . So after searching both the WOG and WEB I did figure out how to get her open finally only left food in there over night .
It seems you should not open the door to the microwave till you have first hit the stop button . When you do not do this you are overriding the micro switches in there and place unnecacary pressure on some plastic parts . So when I got her open I found the devise was broken in a few spotsbut I was able to use a small screwdriver to open the latch where the part used too .
Now I guess I could have just bought the pars and put her back together , but being 18 years old and not doing a great job of making a diagram of where all the wires go that I removed , lol I informed the wife she deserved a new Microwave.

Please do keep the ideas rolling

2000 LXI Single Slide
Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 02-13-2018

Our coach is much older than yours. Our MW cord plugs into a standard outlet located in the cabinet next to the MW.
Anaheim Hills, Calif.
Do Not Send PM (Private Messages) Please
curtsprenger@gmail.com
Old 02-13-2018

Al
Maybe your microwave had one of those experimental built in flux capacitors that Sharp was using back in 2000.
The existing cord could be just a decoy!
Old 02-13-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
What microwave did you purchase? Perfect fit?
Allen , I do not know if it will be a perfect fit till it arrives but it was the one they recommended . When it arrives I will update post

Sharp

Model # R-1881LSY

2000 LXI Single Slide
Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 02-13-2018

If the microwave arrives tomorrow it could be Erica’s Valentines present. I’d do the same.
2013 Lincoln MKX (toad)
alan.darson@gmail.com