Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > How To Protect Your RV Investment.

How To Protect Your RV Investment. This forum is set up to discuss insurance needs, terminology & where to go to get the best possible coverage for your needs. From time to time we will discuss the issues and differences in insurance coverage. When would an appraisal be in your best interest & how often should you have an appraisal and where one could obtain a certified appraisal.

Site Search:

Old 08-07-2017

I just renewed my Progressive policy. They wanted to charge me around $200 more a year for the privilege of renewing while being claim free. I had to call them and go through every possible "discount" and get the quote back to the same price as last year while keeping the same coverage.

While I was talking to them they asked if my wife, who was on the the policy as a driver, actually ever drove the bus. I told them no, since she has never driven it, nor has any immediate plans to drive it. This reduced my premium by over $400. Apparently the parking lot bump she had with another vehicle over 2 years ago makes her a higher risk.

So for the next 12 months I am paying about $1250 for $47,500 agreed value.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

I ran into the same issue regarding trying to get the true replacement value for an old 78 FC35 directly. According to NADA the Wanderlodge was only worth half the value. I looked at Allstate, Amica, Geico, Progressive and Safeco. Safeco was the only company that offered me Agree Value but it would require an appraisal. An appraisal cost $225 so I kept looking. I found an RV Insurance broker Rvadvantage/FCIS Insurance 800-331-1520. FCIS was able to give me a policy with Progressive for Agree Value just using the Bill of Sale and pictures. The cost was about $200 more but it does cover the full true value of the Bus. Make sure you have full replacement value of your RV beecause NADA value is a lot lower then what you may think.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Forum owner

The NADA is not our friend.
They are wrong in every case.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 4 Weeks Ago
RV Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfster View Post
I ran into the same issue regarding trying to get the true replacement value for an old 78 FC35 directly. According to NADA the Wanderlodge was only worth half the value. I looked at Allstate, Amica, Geico, Progressive and Safeco. Safeco was the only company that offered me Agree Value but it would require an appraisal. An appraisal cost $225 so I kept looking. I found an RV Insurance broker Rvadvantage/FCIS Insurance 800-331-1520. FCIS was able to give me a policy with Progressive for Agree Value just using the Bill of Sale and pictures. The cost was about $200 more but it does cover the full true value of the Bus. Make sure you have full replacement value of your RV beecause NADA value is a lot lower then what you may think.
Make sure you read the fine print, I have seen a few cases where it said "agreed value at time of loss". Sometimes Flo lies.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 4 Weeks Ago

I have agreed value with Safeco and they did not ask for an appraisal. Safeco has consistently been my go-to company for my last several coaches
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Tow'd
Harley Ultra Classic on trailer
Owner at BlackJack Tire and Battery
Old 4 Weeks Ago

John I will take I look at the details. Thanks for the heads-up!