Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 04-26-2015

Dan, did you check with Hurricane company to see if they could supply a replacement part?
1984 FC35 SB Wanderlodge II (sold)
Old 04-26-2015

Eric,

These are just regular plumbing parts, nothing specific to the Hurricane.
Old 04-26-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBERIC35 View Post
Dan, did you check with Hurricane company to see if they could supply a replacement part?
No I didn't. As Jim said, those components were basic plumbing supplies, so I replaced them with good quality components from the big box home supply.
Old 5 Days Ago

Default Slow Hurricane leak - diagnose & fix to follow...

Developed very slow leak from the rarely used H this past summer. Last week pulled the side cover, wiped reachable parts down and ran H potable water heating under pressure + inside radiator heating for 1/2 an hour. Of course NO obvious leaks found . Used the coach this past week and subsequently found more red fluid seeping out lower front of H box . Curiously, coach heating using H has not been used for ages. Only the potable water electric WH circuit (not the H electric) and engine heat loops have been pressurized. Hoped to avoid, but next step will be pulling H for a pressure check like Dan described above. Project is now at top of my list. Stay tuned...

Dan - Have you had any issues with your HD PEX replacement of the orange KITEC line? When my H rebuilt last time, the only line I did not replace was that one. Since the case will be open, thought I’d check & possibly replace using your solution.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D402AAB2-27B4-46E9-8037-1394CA726332.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	187.5 KB
ID:	71999   Click image for larger version

Name:	DFA76A0A-7AFE-4D00-B306-481317C8B03E.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	72000  
Old 5 Days Ago

I had/have the same problem and called the distributor who told me I should not have to add fluid at all that there must be a leak. Yet, no smell, not spots on the ground. As we all know the tight quarters make working on the Hurricane a pain. I have to add perhaps half a gallon every two months of running and decided it's a lot easier and cheaper to add half a gallon every two months then getting into the unit. The next time I get the big service done (I do the small service myself) I will have them change the hoses and fittings. The mechanics always cut their hands on this.
Email DennisTorresMalibu@gmail.com
Old 5 Days Ago

I don't know the exact installation of the Hurricane in the Wanderlodges, but several SOB's with the same unit that were loosing fluid with no obvious leaks turned out to be a worn gasket on the radiator cap on the remote mounted filler tanks.
Old 5 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGas View Post
Developed very slow leak from the rarely used H this past summer. Last week pulled the side cover, wiped reachable parts down and ran H potable water heating under pressure + inside radiator heating for 1/2 an hour. Of course NO obvious leaks found . Used the coach this past week and subsequently found more red fluid seeping out lower front of H box . Curiously, coach heating using H has not been used for ages. Only the potable water electric WH circuit (not the H electric) and engine heat loops have been pressurized. Hoped to avoid, but next step will be pulling H for a pressure check like Dan described above. Project is now at top of my list. Stay tuned...

Dan - Have you had any issues with your HD PEX replacement of the orange KITEC line? When my H rebuilt last time, the only line I did not replace was that one. Since the case will be open, thought I’d check & possibly replace using your solution.
Van - I am still happy with the PEX inside the HH. Last year I did find one of the radiators in the coach had a small leak. It didn't do any damage but if a small radiator leak were allowed to continue for a long period of time, it would most certainly damage the M380 flooring.
Old 5 Days Ago

I replaced a black 3/4" heater hose inside my Hurricane heater unit last weekend due to it leaking.