Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > RV Lots, RV Land, RV Condos For Sale or Wanted

RV Lots, RV Land, RV Condos For Sale or Wanted List your RV Lots, Land to use for an RV site and RV Condos, that you either have for sale, or are looking to buy, right here. Be as descriptive as you can be, with a size, location, features and more, plus directions to the site and as much contact information as possible.

Site Search:

Old 07-11-2011

Default Advice on buying an RV lot

I am considering buying an RV lot about 2 hours outside of DC (from where I live). This started when I was looking for a better place to store my bird. The place I'm looking at is www.riverbendrvpark.org which is appealing to me because I can get a lot right on the Potomac which would make a great getaway location.

What I would like is advice on is things I should consider/investigate and what I should look for in a site and lessons learned. I'm driving up on Wednesday to take a check out one of the sites for sale.
Herndon, VA
Old 07-11-2011
RV Appraiser

Without reading the River Bend info it could be set up one of 2 ways. For the most part it's like buying a condo, you have a purchase price then you will have a monthy maintenance fee, taxes & insurance. Plus you will most likely pay for your own utilities; cable, water & electric. Make sure you can rent it out or if the facility has a rental plan. That way you have income on the lot when your not on it. If it is a condo setup you own the lot, if it is a co-op you own the right to use and you sell back to the co-op upon departure at a pre determine value plus appreciation percentage. If it's a condo set up you own & you can sell at your price. There may be other situations or restrictions. Just make sure it's not a fractual ownership like a timeshare. I would also check if it is a condo setup are there any near future special assessments coming up. Things not in the budget like new pavement or a major pool repair could mean several hundreds out of your pocket for something you get limited use.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 07-11-2011

Also, see if the Association owns the amenities as opposed to the developer. Ask if there are any current or pending lawsuits against the Association that could generate special assessments. Read the CCR's.

Former "Smoke N Mirrors" caretaker
Old 07-12-2011
Forum owner

and most of all make sure you can have guests!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 07-12-2011
Administrator

Default The Great Outdoors Titusville Florida

Hi Dan, Here is a link to a place where we own a lot in Florida.
A few Forum members own and several more rent for the Winter months, it's also a place to store Birds.

http://www.tgoresort.com/ realtor with some pricing info for comparison

http://tgocsa.com/ Community Home Owners Association ( They take care of the place.)
Old 07-12-2011

Thank you for the input, this is exactly the type of information I was needed. The property is deeded (not a timeshare) and is a condo like set up with annual fees of around $1k which includes utilities. It is gated but you can call in guests. It's a bit more rustic then place Bill posted, and also a lot closer to me

One more question, the lots range from $10K (undeveloped) to $85K (developed and on the river with private dock). Is this something I should go through a real estate agent and/or lawyer?
Herndon, VA
Old 07-12-2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackerman View Post
Thank you for the input, this is exactly the type of information I was needed. The property is deeded (not a timeshare) and is a condo like set up with annual fees of around $1k which includes utilities. It is gated but you can call in guests. It's a bit more rustic then place Bill posted, and also a lot closer to me

One more question, the lots range from $10K (undeveloped) to $85K (developed and on the river with private dock). Is this something I should go through a real estate agent and/or lawyer?
Most important is a clean, clear title by a title search company.
And as stated leans or lawsuits against the HOA.
Old 07-12-2011
RV Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pape View Post
Most important is a clean, clear title by a title search company.
And as stated leans or lawsuits against the HOA.
Ditto I agree, I would consider using an agent especially if the property is listed with an agent. I would not use the same agent as the listing agent. Most folk think by bypassing an agent they will save money on the deal, not always true. The seller has agreed to pay a commission of "X" % and that commission will be split between your agent and the selling agent. It may cost you money in the long run if you don't use an agent. Your agent would have access to the CCR, HOA and other documentation you need. If there is a structure on the property you may need an inspection to determine if it is up to code. Agents can direct you to the right people to do whatever you need to get done, that's what they do for a living. You will need a REAL ESTATE attorney or title company if you have a title search and sorry to say but only a fool would buy real estate without a title search. Our biggest problem with former clients is with those who failed to have a title search.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_