Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > SP (Single Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

SP (Single Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your SP model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....List your SP parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 04-27-2013

Warren,

Once you remove the actual door, there are screws along the frame of the ice maker that secure it in place. Once removed, it can be slid out of the opening, but it's a tight fit, so it might take a bit of work to get out. Take your time, and it'll come out.

Good luck!
Linden, Michigan
Old 04-27-2013

Thanks to Randy and Robert, we got the door off and the unit out of the cabinet. The supply line is dry as a bone.

We went ahead and cleaned the coils and everything and decided to try to make ice before we reinstalled it. On the inverter, the compressor clicks but doesn't start. When on shore power, it powered right up and made ice quickly.

My theory is that since I was working on the tv last night, I had turned off shore power. I forgot to reset it when I quit for the night to watch the Nationwide race.

The machine still had a water supply and tried (unsuccessfully) to run from the inverter. Since we are parked nose down, the machine kept filling the trays and the water came out behind the ice maker. I cannot find any other source for the water. Does that theory "hold water"?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	21743  
Old 04-27-2013

Next question, that I cannot find the answer to in any of the documentation. There is a red light switch in the wall to the left of the driver's seat. What does it control? Is it the master switch for the levellers?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	21744  
Old 04-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmeck0255 View Post
Next question, that I cannot find the answer to in any of the documentation. There is a red light switch in the wall to the left of the driver's seat. What does it control? Is it the master switch for the levellers?
On my SP, it is the engine block heater switch.
87 FC SOLD
89 SP SOLD
94 WB SOLD
95 WB 42
2007 Jeep Wrangler
2015 GMC Acadia
207-939-3816
Old 04-27-2013

Quote:
Thanks to Randy and Robert, we got the door off and the unit out of the cabinet. The supply line is dry as a bone.

We went ahead and cleaned the coils and everything and decided to try to make ice before we reinstalled it. On the inverter, the compressor clicks but doesn't start. When on shore power, it powered right up and made ice quickly.

My theory is that since I was working on the tv last night, I had turned off shore power. I forgot to reset it when I quit for the night to watch the Nationwide race.

The machine still had a water supply and tried (unsuccessfully) to run from the inverter. Since we are parked nose down, the machine kept filling the trays and the water came out behind the ice maker. I cannot find any other source for the water. Does that theory "hold water"?
The InstaHot is there, also. And there should be moisture inside the Uline ice maker cabinet if the ice mold were overfilling.
87 FC SOLD
89 SP SOLD
94 WB SOLD
95 WB 42
2007 Jeep Wrangler
2015 GMC Acadia
207-939-3816
Old 04-27-2013

On my coach, Blue Bird hid the ice maker's water filter directly behind it, mounted to the wall. If you have one there too, I highly suggest you check it for leaks, change the filter, and RELOCATE THE FILTER to under the kitchen sink so it can be serviced in the future.

I ended up changing all of the plastic lines for my ice maker, cause they were really brittle. Better safe than sorry!
Linden, Michigan
Old 04-27-2013

Mark,

There is no InstaHot installed n this coach, and the filter is under the sink and accessible (and dry). The downhill side of the U-Line was wet.

Everything appears to work right now, but not on the inverter. I'll chalk that up to bad house batteries. The ice maker works fine on shore power or the genny.
Old 04-27-2013

Quote:
Mark,

There is no InstaHot installed n this coach, and the filter is under the sink and accessible (and dry). The downhill side of the U-Line was wet.

Everything appears to work right now, but not on the inverter. I'll chalk that up to bad house batteries. The ice maker works fine on shore power or the genny.
I have not found a filter on my SP, but now I will look closer. Sounds like you hit the nail on the head regarding the inverter issue. And the overflowing ice maker as well. Good luck!
87 FC SOLD
89 SP SOLD
94 WB SOLD
95 WB 42
2007 Jeep Wrangler
2015 GMC Acadia
207-939-3816
Old 04-27-2013

Warren, look at your picture in post #22 above. There is a white square thing that says "Instant Hot Water." I don't know what that might be, but it would give a hint that, at least at one time, there was something like an InstaHot installed.
Build number 4371
Old 04-27-2013

David,

I'm still trying to figure this beast out. It has an AquaHot system, and there is a switch under the sink for an electric heating element for the water. I, too, saw the outlet marked "InstaHot" (whatever that is) and just assumed it had been removed by the PO.