Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV

Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV Ready to take the plunge or looking to upgrade and you have questions? Folks are standing by ready to help.

Site Search:

Old 08-02-2013
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1100lt View Post
So just to add another aspect to the discussion, are there any Canadians who have an opinion as to what the best/safest way to register and insure our Birds if they never see the Great White North ?
When I lost my 94 I was in the USA at the time. Randy found me a replacement coach and my BC insurance bought it for me. I didn't want to go back to BC to register it and get the ICBC insurance so I bought Progressive insurance for the winter period. I was unable to buy insurance that gave me 5 million liability so I was stuck with something like 200K. I believe this was because I didn't have a residence in the US or was a foreigner. Needless to say I drove extra careful for those months.
Old 08-02-2013

Tommy is right... we were at Fair Hope Ala and a state tax collector came by... he spent some time looking... personally I bought my coach in FL... had and still have a FL address... renew the registration on line... this yr cost me a little over $200 for two years on both my coach and toad... so I paid the sales taxes when bought... big deal... I don't worry about it... personally I still have my Stanley interchangeable tip screw drive and my American express card to take care of any problems
"Heads Carolina, Tails California"
Old 08-02-2013
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

When I bought my coach, I think the Oklahoma state sales tax was a little over $3,000. Plenty of reason to try to avoid it. After talking to several folks including my attorney, I decide it was not worth the hassle.
I think Tommy pretty well nailed it. If you are doing something perfectly legal, for the express and only purpose to avoid tax, Well that is tax evasion.
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 08-02-2013

Since we're getting closer to going full-time the topic of domicile and registration is of great interest. When we bought our coach in March I was still working, so we registered it here in Missouri. Since we bought it in Oklahoma we didn't have to pay the county sales or use tax, just the state part. We're now shopping for a toad, and it will be registered (and tax paid) here in Missouri. When the place sells we'll head out, and one of the first major stops will be our intended domicile, where we will reregister the coach and toad and get new driver's licenses.
Build number 4371
Old 08-02-2013

. I believe this was because I didn't have a residence in the US or was a foreigner. Needless to say I drove extra careful for those months.[/QUOTE]

Rob, as long as your turban was well hidin, your ok
Old 08-02-2013

I am in Tommy's camp on this. If you cannot afford the sales taxes in the State which you live, don't buy a coach there or anywhere else while living there. Domicile yourself in the State you desire, then buy the coach.

I have a LLC, not a Montana LLC (the bus is not in it) for specified purposes, one of which is not avoiding sales taxes or license fees.

When are folks going to get in front of the power curve and understand that data posted on public forums can and will be used as arrows to make you bleed?

You wanna hear a story about profiling? Here it is!

I am on the title of my 98 year old mothers car. Yes, she drives. Two daÿs ago this car was at a light in Tampa, FL doing nothing eventful, driven by someone other than myself ( I live in GA) or my mother an was stopped. The officer asked the driver if he was Leroy. True story! When the driver showed his license the officer said, "have a nice day" Freakie!!!!

No I am not wanted!!

Former "Smoke N Mirrors" caretaker
Old 08-03-2013
Senior

Deleted a double post
6V92

Last edited by warbucks13477; 08-03-2013 at 12:38 AM.
Old 08-03-2013
Senior

leroy thank god we are not all alike, for if we were life would be boring. Has been like this since Eve got Adam to take the bite out of the apple. always will be people that think they understand the system but sometimes get bad advice from "guard house lawyers". it's just the way it is. Not bad people, just misinformed.

I ran into something like this yesterday while shopping at a chain food store here. parked next to 3 handicapped parking spaces even though I could have parked in one for I have a handicapped sticker. went into to shop and came back out with the things wife sent me after, positioned the cart mext to my car to unload it. a car drove up along side of the cart very close to me and parked in the first handicapped spot. I continued unloading the cart, when suddenly the man rolled down the window of his car and yelled " Hey A.. Hole can't you see I can't open my door to get out, the least you can do is close the door and let me out" He then said a few choice words and drove ahead a few spaces and parked? after unloading the groceries, I casually walked over to his car, and showed him my sticker, which I seldom use unless I am having a really bad day. He then remarked, " where did you get that from, welfare? I was a little dirty having just worked on my coach all day. his wife then got even more verbal, elaborating on what low lifes get away with. wrong thing to say to me. I informed her I have a VA disability, and then she had the gaul to say " we are probably paying for that to" I just walked off. when I got back to the car two women were standing there and asked me if I was alright? Yes I told them, fine, just some days the pain gets so bad its hard to walk and I take pain killers. so I can function, and walk funny. leroy there are all kinds of people in this world! Its still a womderful place to live. as for WOG member that have a Montana LLC make sure you are fully complyimg with both the law and its intent. The states are all hurting for cash.
6V92
Old 08-03-2013

I like registering my vehicles in my home state...gives me the right to bi*ch about them not using the money to fix the roads.
Old 08-03-2013
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

Not too many of us don't avoid tax, who pays sales tax on internet sales?
But just a law suite brought by the state could cost your more than you save in tax, even if you win in court.
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com