Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV

Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV Ready to take the plunge or looking to upgrade and you have questions? Folks are standing by ready to help.

Site Search:

Old 08-26-2013

My take on a PDI is it is only as good as the guy going down the checklist. I would get the checklist from here, bring someone or pay someone who really knows birds and inspect myself. Drive it to have the trans and engine checked out, front end and chassis also. They could tell you if it was ever wrecked or flooded. We got very, very lucky with our coach but have still spent the obligatory $10k in the 6 months we have owned Mauvelous.
I have to agree with others about using Randy, he knows the coaches and can vouch for many of them, plus he is fun to talk to...
Old 08-26-2013
Former Bird Owner

I purchased my coach from Mr. Oliver's (Paul Davis, owner) http://www.mrolivers.com
Located in Princeton Texas, on the northeast outskirts of the Dallas-Ft. Worth area.

When I purchased my coach, I had the opportunity to exchange several emails with the previous owner -- and after purchase, the P.O. graciously sent me the receipts and records he had kept on the coach.

Mr. Davis specializes mostly in high-end used RVs, with a selection of Prevost, Country Coach, and Wanderlodge RVs. He also has a few cheaper coaches listed these days (a reflection of the market).

I'd rate his knowledge of Wanderlodges as "good" (but not perfect). His explanation of the various systems when I arrived to pick up my coach was mostly on point (but he was mistaken on a couple of minor systems) and I was treated with great curtesy that went above and beyond expectations on the assistance he provided. My maiden trip was 2,000+ miles to drive the coach home on my maiden trip. (With a stop to visit in-laws in Denver, my route was not the shortest possible to get home to the SF Bay Area.)

At my request, the Coach was fully serviced and given a safety inspection before departure. I had requested that the radiator be inspected and steam cleaned "if necessary" (at my expense). The only failure was that the inspection of the radiator did not find the clogging that resulted in my replacing the radiator core after arriving home. (But, I could see how it was overlooked, as the clogging was invisible until it was out of the coach.)

I was well satisfied with the experience.

Pete Masterson
(former) 95 WBDA 42'
(now) 2011 Roadtrek RS-Adventerous
Ridgefield, WA
aeonix1@me.com
Old 08-28-2013

Once we had our choices narrowed down to a 'Bird or a Foretravel, I knew that I'd guy the 'Bird through Randy's site or a Foretravel from Motorhomes of Texas. As it turned out we bought our Foretravel from a private party, mainly because it was the closest coach on our short list and Jo Ann really liked it. The seller really needed it sold, and we had done enough research to know that it was a decent coach. Had I not had the two years experience of asking questions here and elsewhere I doubt that I would have even gone to look at a private sale. Even then there were some things that I missed.

I really second the idea of working through Randy. He will listen to what you tell him and then ask enough questions to know what you really want and need. He WILL get back to you, and if he doesn't have the right coach available he will tell you so. I've not met him in person (yet), but I'm really impressed with him. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him.
Build number 4371