Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 07-06-2019

Default Virginia Owners

I would like to try and put a group together for Virginia owners. If not Virginia maybe Mid Atlantic area. It would be nice to have a group of fellow owners to share and commiserate ownership with with in a couple hours away instead of days away. Myself being located in central Virginia (Madison County) I can be just about anywhere in the the state within couple of hours or vice versa. Any advice or comments welcome .

Tony Welch
Madison, Virginia
1986 PT 36
1983 FC 31
1986 23ft Travelmaster
mctireman@gmail.com
540-718-3392
Old 07-08-2019

Put me down, I'm in Edenton, NC
Old 07-08-2019
Administrator

Great this is rallies are born,
A small group of near by Birds getting together,
then others find out you are having fun.
Old 07-08-2019

Depending on the dates, we might be up for that. My inlaws live in Charlottesville.
Old 07-08-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orvie6574 View Post
Put me down, I'm in Edenton, NC
Orville you are definitely on my md Atlantic list.

Tony Welch
Madison, Virginia
1986 PT 36
1983 FC 31
1986 23ft Travelmaster
mctireman@gmail.com
540-718-3392
Old 07-08-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick Miller View Post
Depending on the dates, we might be up for that. My inlaws live in Charlottesville.
Let me know next time your in town, would love to chat.

Tony Welch
Madison, Virginia
1986 PT 36
1983 FC 31
1986 23ft Travelmaster
mctireman@gmail.com
540-718-3392
Old 07-08-2019
Goat rails in the sunset

I've seen Virginia in the signatures of a few WOG members. Several birds around the Tidewater region, a few more scattered around Richmond in the past, one in Roanoke. I don't see posts from many of those owners lately.

I found Virgina sort of a tough nut to crack for RV'ing. A bird group could be the key. I focused on Southeast VA, and found slim pickings for modern parks. But its a colorful area for American history buffs, maybe a theme for a rally?

The Norfolk/Hampton Roads area--as a tourist I had a hard time finding even a place to dump tanks. Thankfully, the city of Newport News has an extensive park with RV facilities just off I-64. I didn't find much else until Virginia Beach. So this one is good to know about for dumping tanks, overnighting, maybe even a rally:

https://www.newport-news.org/visitor...ort-news-park/

A few commercial parks around VA Beach. More in vicinity of Williamsburg. Jamestown used to have a RV park in walking distance of the fort/church and exhibits, on the banks of the James River, under the willow trees. But it was closed down permanently last time I looked.

With some local knowledge, there's probably a lot of good opportunities for rallies in Virginia. I found it kinda a tough but if there was a group, it could be a welcoming place for RVs. Cool idea!
Full-time in 2019
Old 07-08-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbedinger View Post
I've seen Virginia in the signatures of a few WOG members. Several birds around the Tidewater region, a few more scattered around Richmond in the past, one in Roanoke. I don't see posts from many of those owners lately.

I found Virgina sort of a tough nut to crack for RV'ing. A bird group could be the key. I focused on Southeast VA, and found slim pickings for modern parks. But its a colorful area for American history buffs, maybe a theme for a rally?

The Norfolk/Hampton Roads area--as a tourist I had a hard time finding even a place to dump tanks. Thankfully, the city of Newport News has an extensive park with RV facilities just off I-64. I didn't find much else until Virginia Beach. So this one is good to know about for dumping tanks, overnighting, maybe even a rally:

https://www.newport-news.org/visitor...ort-news-park/

A few commercial parks around VA Beach. More in vicinity of Williamsburg. Jamestown used to have a RV park in walking distance of the fort/church and exhibits, on the banks of the James River, under the willow trees. But it was closed down permanently last time I looked.

With some local knowledge, there's probably a lot of good opportunities for rallies in Virginia. I found it kinda a tough but if there was a group, it could be a welcoming place for RVs. Cool idea!

I'm in a Good Sam club now and we camp once a month around Virginia. I don't know how you searched but their are campgrounds just about every where you look. Almost every state park in Virginia has one. There are 6 within 45 mins from my house.

Tony Welch
Madison, Virginia
1986 PT 36
1983 FC 31
1986 23ft Travelmaster
mctireman@gmail.com
540-718-3392
Old 07-08-2019
Black Sheep Division

We have relatives in VA on the Chesapeake Bay side so put me on the list too. It will be nice to be on a GOOD list for a change! LOL!

TOM
Old 07-08-2019

We are located in Southwest VA in Castlewood. That’s about 145miles Southwest of Roanoke. Contact: flyingw1946@gmail.com. Would enjoy a weekend rally.