Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Generators

Generators In this forum we will try to answer any of your questions about the different model generators that can be found on Blue Bird coach's.

Site Search:

Old 05-26-2008

Default Perkins belt flew off!!!

Just returning from a little trip today and I noticed the Generator stopped running right before I got home.Looked at the temp gauge and it was around 190, it usually runs at 160 all the time. Parked in the driveway and rolled out the gennie and found the problem, no more belt. Pulleys are ok, the belt was worn and I should have changed it,but, I wasn't running the gennie that often. I can't seem to locate a part number in any of my paperwork that came with the bus or with the gennie. Does anyone know what the part number of the belt is??? Thanks in advance for the help.
"Bark-O-Lounger"
Old 05-26-2008

I found the part number for the belt on John Finns Website, Thank you Mr Finn. PArt number is a Gates 7400 or Dayco number 15400
"Bark-O-Lounger"
Old 05-26-2008
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronw View Post
I found the part number for the belt on John Finns Website, Thank you Mr Finn. PArt number is a Gates 7400 or Dayco number 15400

Aaron,

I realise that I just turned 65 last week, but calling me MISTER makes me feel a lot older, Rob Robinson is the only person that I require to do that

I just added another belt part number to that list that will also work, as this is the one that I'm running on my Perkins right now.

ENGINE NUMBER LOCATION ON PERKINS DIESEL ENGINE & PARTS Numbers.pdf
Please make note of this additional belt part number not listed in the above pdf file, under the Perkins drive belt numbers;
GoodYear Gatorback Belt Part #15406 and Metric #11AV1015

I have found that these part numbers can change depending on how much adjustment the idler pulley on your Perkins will allow. A easy way to determine the length of the drive belt that you need for yours is to take a length of clothes line rope, that will fit around all of the pulleys and take a measurement at the junction where the end of the rope meets the remaining length, this will give you a rough estimate of the length of belt that you need, then ask the parts man to look up the length on the belt that he sells, to see if it is close. Here is what my measurements were when I made up the information;

Perkins "V" Belt 40 inches long
AutoZone and Advance Auto part DAYCO #15400 (11A1015)
NAPA PREMIUM XL 25-10153 (not positive on this number, be sure to measure)

This information can be found under;

Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Generators Perkins Genset Engine > ENGINE NUMBER LOCATION ON PERKINS DIESEL ENGINE & PARTS Numbers.pdf

The Gates 7400 that you mention as well as the CarQuest 7400 are both 40 inch belts and should work as well. make sure that you pick up two, so that you will have a spare on hand if this should ever happen again, that is how I ended up with the GoodYear belt, as when I purchased the Dayco belt they could only get me one at the time.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 05-26-2008

All right then, no more "Mr. Finn". From now on I shall refer to you as Johnny....... Thank you for all of your excellent information on the FC model Bird. I have spent many an evening reading your wonderful webpages, thanks again Johnny.
"Bark-O-Lounger"
Old 05-26-2008
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronw View Post
All right then, no more "Mr. Finn". From now on I shall refer to you as Johnny.......
In that case I'll refer to you as Aunt Nellie, she was the only one that ever called me that, even when I was in the service, just don't call me late for dinner. I'm glad that you have found my web site useful.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11