Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV

Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV Ready to take the plunge or looking to upgrade and you have questions? Folks are standing by ready to help.

Site Search:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-19-2011
Mallie Lennon's Avatar
Mallie Lennon Mallie Lennon is offline
1995 WB 42’ Series 60
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Eufaula
Posts: 4,945
Default Extra ceiling bunks in a coach.

There is often questions about extra sleeping arangments on coaches.
Ran across this on E bay. Down about middle ways in the pictures. Neat idea I have not seen before. Bunks drop out of the ceiling in the front.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...d=241741329553
__________________
Mallie & Karen Lennon
Eufaula, Oklahoma
95 42' Wanderlodge
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-19-2011
Robert Britton Robert Britton is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hollister, California
Posts: 1,910
Default

Interesting that that coach has both a mid entry door and a front bus door.
__________________
Robert in Hollister, CA
Marathon XL40
Previously Owned; 04 M380, 88 PT-38, 87FC, 95 Weekender "Baby Bird"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-19-2011
Randy Dupree's Avatar
Randy Dupree Randy Dupree is offline
Forum owner
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Port St Joe,Fl
Posts: 35,837
Default

odd coach,those drop down beds are pretty cool.
__________________
DO NOT SEND PM
email me at randy@randydupree.com only.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-20-2011
jimbonich's Avatar
jimbonich jimbonich is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Full-Timing
Posts: 781
Default

Along those same lines, the first motorhome I ever drove was one of the first GMC 26' front-wheel drive motorhomes. We ordered it with a floorplan that had two opposing couches in the main salon. The back of each couch was split with a piano hinge about 70% of the way down, and the remaining 30% folded up again the wall and put a fairly comfortable angle to lean back on.

When you wanted to convert the two sofas into bunks you just swiveled the backs up (they were attached to the wall with a swivel bracket at the top), and then snapped a couple of seat belts to attachement points in the ceiling.

We traveled with five or six of us photographers taking outdoor portraits for sororities all over the country (not as much fun as it sounds). Five or six full-size guys in a 26' motorhome was interesting, to say the least. The strap and hinge arrangement didn't last very long and we replaced them with ugly but functional angle brackets to support the upper bunks.

Although GMC's implementation wasn't that great, I always thought this was a pretty clever arrangement and exception to the "Seats six, sleeps four, ...." saying.
__________________
Jim Nichols
'93 PT40WB
"Hospitality Coach"
(Previously Pair of Jacks)
Saint Petersburg, FL
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-20-2011
Turbokitty's Avatar
Turbokitty Turbokitty is offline
Timberlake Products Group
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Clearwater
Posts: 4,928
Default

Another oddity...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...mZ250835271428
__________________

Ryan and Michelle Saari
Timberlake Products Group, Inc.
1985 PT36
1983 FC35RB Left me for Atlanta!
Clearwater, Florida
https://www.timberlakeproductsgroup.com/
https://www.ebay.com/str/timberlakeproductsgroup
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-20-2011
DTW1086@cox.net's Avatar
DTW1086@cox.net DTW1086@cox.net is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mesa,
Posts: 1,787
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokitty View Post
Really odd that none of the pictures were taken with the slides out. Shows how cramped it is with them in but not how roomy with them open.
__________________
Dave Ward
Mesa, AZ
1980 FC 31 SB

THE SHORT BUS
(She's Just a Little Slow)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ceiling howie2017 General 3 10-26-2010 05:10 PM
Adding extra batteries Webmaster Electrical 42 05-17-2010 06:43 PM
Ceiling fan cover Lee Davis 'Bird Projects & Modifications 4 12-17-2009 11:37 PM
New fan, old ceiling gcyeaw Under The Awning 2 09-16-2009 11:05 PM
ceiling fan parts bigsur Parts and Other Items For Sale 3 10-22-2008 02:33 PM

Web Search:

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.