Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M450 (Unique Issues)

M450 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M450 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M450 Parts here too. NO DISCUSSION OF ANY OF THE M450 LAWSUITS ALLOWED HERE.

Site Search:

Old 01-16-2016
Just the Driver

Default Heating question

My learning curve continues.

I have been using the wabasto heat which keeps the coach and basement nice and warm. There is an electric toe kick heater under the bathroom sink that is controlled by a manual thermostat next to the sink.

Now my question....next to the bathroom sink contained in the light switch panel is a button marked "furnace". When pushed I hear a relay in the roof unit but nothing happens. Also there is a manual thermostat in the water closet that when turned up does nothing.

In the living room directly under the digital thermostat is another manual thermostat and does not appear to do anything. I can only locate the one electric heater in the bath.

It seems like when plugged into 50 amp there whould be a way to heat the entire coach without burning diesel. I have located the electric heater in the first compartment in the basement but worried that if it got real cold that this heat would not be enough for the water bay.

Thanks for help while I learn a new coach...

Bryan and Karen Altier
2006 M450 LXI. “Ruffin it EZ II”
2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock
Greenville, SC
Altierb@bellsouth.net
Old 01-16-2016

Bryan. Are there heat strips in your roof airs?

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 01-16-2016
Just the Driver

John

I think there are on two of them, but appear to be controlled by the digital thermostat as they have furnace and heat pump settings. They have to be on furnace for wabasto to run.

Bryan and Karen Altier
Greenville, SC
Altierb@bellsouth.net
Old 01-16-2016
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

Bryan, just a guess here, but the dash AC sw has to be on for AC or toe kick heat strips. If that is a Heat pump or a heat strip in the AC, same would apply.
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 01-16-2016

Bryan,

You have two electric toe kick heaters and they are controlled by a thermostat located in the living room and by the hallway near the sink. The furnace switch is to be used when you are running the Webasto and the electric heaters. The furnace switch only changes the sensor location of the thermostats. Turn on the furnace switch when you are using heaters and turn if off when using the A/C. The thermostat in the room where the toilet is located only works when you have the bedroom thermostats on the furnace mode.

I hope this helps.
Old 01-18-2016

The bays have electric heaters and webasto heat. All on their own thermostats. I believe the utility bay has an electric heating pad under the fresh water tank controlled by thermostat in the utility bay- but not certain.

The digital thermostats control two zones each, the four roof top units and the Webasto furnace. There are two electric heaters controlled by manual thermostats-one under the kitchen sink and the other in the bathroom sink. There is a manual thermostat in the water closet which controls the fan on the wabasto heater in the water closet. It allows temp control in that small area when the Webasto is on. The furnace switch on the light panel in the bathroom controls the temperature sensor location and should be used when the Webasto furnace is on. When AC or heat pump from roof top units are on, do not turn the furnace switch on. It will keep the rooftop units from properly cycling.

I would suggest that you check the 120 v AC circuits that control the roof top units,the acc air compressor and the electric heaters. The relays that control all that are behind a small panel inside the rear bedroom closet on the left side.

Caution there is !20V ac. Turn off all power including the inverters etc.

Check all the 120 AC wiring going to the studs. BB used solid wire which is OK for static home use but not for mobile use. It can vibrate loose and cause a high resistance and burning of the wires and the relays. I spliced in braided 120 AC wire To replace the burned wire etc and used lock tight to secure the connections.
"Dream Catcher"
Old 01-18-2016
Just the Driver

Default Heating Question

Hey Jim,

I think everything is working now that I know what they are for. I don't have an electric heater in the kitchen or living area so that front thermostat is still a mystery. Don't see a place where one has been taken our under the sink, dishwasher or desk.

Where are the fans in the water closet that are controlled by the manual thermostat there ?

I found the thermostat for the electric basement heat in the 1st bay on curb side and the heater in the same bay. Wabasto thermostat there also. Just worried about heat getting back to the water bay. There is a thermostat in the water bay (where the water pump/ dump valves is located ) not marked and that may the the tank heater you spoke of.

Again thanks. I seem to be burning a lot of diesel with this system, keeping thermostats at 50 degrees I have burned about 75 gallons of fuel in 3 weeks. has not been that cold. mid 20 at night and 40s in the day.

Thanks again still learning this Bird .....

Bryan and Karen Altier
Greenville, SC
Altierb@bellsouth.net
Old 01-18-2016

In my unit the electric heater for the thermostat in the kitchen is under the drawers in the front center console in the middle of the of the walkway.

Homer L Butler
Jefferson Township, PA
1993 40' Coach 104656
570-840-5807
Old 01-18-2016

The thermostat in the water closet is a make/break switch to ground for the fan for the webasto. Each Webasto register has a fan that comes on when the unit is active. The one in the head has a thermostat.
If you have a thermostat in the salon, then there should be a heater somewhere there. I would look along the floor line under each cabinet etc and try to find a grill.
Behind that grill maybe an electric heater that needs to be reset.
"Dream Catcher"