Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Electrical

Electrical Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's electrical system.

Site Search:

Old 04-13-2009

Default Sharp Carousel II Micro/convection oven

About a month ago I asked for advice about the micro/convection oven as it would not work. In the last 2 weeks I have seen some other inquirys about the same appliance. Here id the rest of the story...I finally removed the oven from its mounting place, pulled the sheet metal off and found a 250v 15 amp fuse(ceramic) that had failed. Went to a appliance store that was owned by a Asian couple and asked if they had a replacement fuse...5 dollars...asked what may have caused the fuse to fail...5 dollars...asked that if the replacement fuse didn't fix the problem could they look at the oven...5 dollars...told them that I thought five dollars was pretty expensive for a simple fuse...5 dollars...asked them if there was a warranty on the new fuse...5 dollars...The end of the story is that the replacement fuse fixed the oven, I saved $600.00 and bought a new golf club with the savings...My wife says that we were going broke saving money...Jim Barone, fulltiming in a 1991 WBWL currently in Savannah, GA.
Old 04-13-2009
Former Bird Owner

Hey, that $5 sure beats the 1972 Mercedes my mom had. Every time you took it to the shop it was $146.50 -- replace tail light bulb? ($146.50), fix bad muffler? ($146.50), wash and wax? ($146.50)...

So, I took it to the BMW dealer I used (for my 1972 BMW) in Chico, CA. There, every thing was $86.50 -- so I asked if they could fix the muffler and they said, $86.50 if we can get the part.

Then I went to the local 'speedy' muffler shop -- said he'd install it for $20 but he didn't have the right one, but referred me to a small "foreign auto parts" store in town. (Chico was a small town in those days.)

I went to the part store, and asked for a muffler for a 1972 Mercedes 220 -- the man behind the counter bent down and picked the replacement muffler up off the floor -- and said, "Great! I've been tripping over this for two years when I bought it on spec... so I"m glad to get rid of it, $32.25, please."

Took the muffler back to the 'speedy' shop, they installed it for $20 and even threw in a free chrome pipe tip.

So, that's how I got from $146.50 to $86.50 to $52.25....

Pete Masterson
(former) 95 WBDA 42'
(now) 2011 Roadtrek RS-Adventerous
Ridgefield, WA
aeonix1@me.com
Old 04-13-2009

And with a 220, you actually made it home in time to remember this story??? Those were REALLY SSSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW.

I used to sell Benz's back in the day! A used 220 was what you took to lunch if you didn't plan on making it back that day!

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support