Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 3 Weeks Ago

Default Cheap Wifi

Our first trip in the Bird was a disaster for internet access. We signed up with a local Alaskan company, GCI, and their coverage in the Lower 48 was non-existent. They told us it would be great.

The next two years we dealt with AT&T with the normal situation of hit or miss coverage and high prices. First we bought something called a Mofie or something for $100 and it worked okay but the next year they said they would not use that item so I made my phone a hotspot for oh I don't remember, maybe $100 more.

Well, in October as we were getting close to leaving I watched a YooToob video about Visible.com. They advertised unlimited data with no throttling in addition to the usual free calling and texts. We signed up for $40 a month, with no additional taxes or fees, bought a $19 phone from them and added a GL.iNET GL-MT300N-V2 Mini Travel Router from Mr. Bezos $20.49. It seems to work well. It was definitely better than the RV park system last night and was easy to set up.

Visible uses (and may be owned by) Verizon for all I know but it does work.

Happy motoring.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Default Visible internet

https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...ad.php?t=34955
is where we talked about Visible a Month or two ago.

Keirn Rush, Carolyn Rush
and Mike the Wanderdog.
New Bern, North Carolina
keirn@keirnrush.com
252-249-2628
95 BMC 37
Old 3 Weeks Ago

I recently signed up for Visible after researching for several months. Here is my personal experience.

Visible has Unlimited Data, Phone, & Text. Also allows ability to share data with one other device for $40/Month. As Rhees stated above, you can spend $20 one time at Amazon to share data with multiple devices.

When I saw the WOG post that Keirn referenced, I became aware that different phones were allowed; originally limited to iPhones only.

Since I was looking for a cost effective Data Plan as backup to my AT&T Mobley Unlimited Data Plan - $24/Month, I signed up.

Visible sent the Android phone via FedEx and arrived the next day - 10/7/19. The only hiccup was the mailing address was different from the credit card address. Customer service was responsive but not helpful. Fortunately was able to solve on my own. I knew there would be challenges but the actual data and phone service worked well.

Since it was for backup only, I did not have to port a phone number; I simply linked it to my Free Gmail Phone Number which I have used for several years and highly recommend.

My idea was to pay for service in alternate months, or when I needed it, to keep the cost down. Then two weeks ago, Visible announced a “Party Pay” Plan which reduced the cost from $40/Month to $25/Month. Party Pay is different from other providers because you are only responsible for your $25 payment and the other 3 Party Pay members can be completely anonymous.

So far so good. I am using the service right now providing data to multiple devices while I type this in Biloxi, MS.

In summary:

* Free Android Phone (traded in old Android phone; only requirement is it powers up - saved $19)

* $40 First Month Service

* $20 Second Month Service (used $20 referral credit - program ends 11/30/19) My referral code is BTV2N or https://visible.com/referral/BTV2N

* $25 Future Months (using Party Pay)

I have had good results with the plan. There were instances where the WiFi speeds were slow; example, I stayed 10 miles from Disney in Orlando and speeds were slow from 6-9 PM. I had similar experiences in years past when I had a Granfathered Verizon Unlimited Data Plan. In the Disney area my AT&T plan was slightly better but also slow during that peak time.

The Reddit website has two subs r/Visible and r/VisiblePartyPay - the latter as you might expect shares groups to join to get the $15/Month discount.

Hope this helps someone on WOG!

Thanks!
Lance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B07D39B9-5345-406A-A87D-B99062312F07.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	65248  
1996 Infiniti i30t
Lancep50@gmail.com
https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...p?albumid=1010

Last edited by Lancep50; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:37 PM.