Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Ladies > Ethel's Cookbook & Your Favorite Recipes

Ethel's Cookbook & Your Favorite Recipes I haven't met a potluck that I didn't like, and that goes double for rally ones! Please post your recipes here with your name, where you're from, and cooking instructions, you can also e-mail them to me at jehdds@hotmail.com. Thanks, Ethel (bubblerboy's other half!)

Site Search:

Old 05-06-2020
Forum owner

Default The 5th of May

WE always go out to eat mex food on the 5th of May.
But we stayed home last night and had steak fajitas and refried beans and guacamole and chips.

I had some ribeyes that i sliced real skinny and cut up two nice big yellow onions and soaked the meat and onions in lime juice and Worst sauce,not a lot,just enough.

I got the flatop good and hot and dumped the meat and onions on it and chared the meat on the outside,rare on the inside.

The beans were cooked with hatch chilis and cheese.
I made the guacamole with chopped onions,jalapenos and cilantro,some lime juice and salt and pepper.
Not bad,but we didn't have a band like the mex place did! (maybe!)

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 05-06-2020

i can taste it from here i miss our mex food for sure
even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile
washington Il.
Old 05-06-2020

Sounds good Randy
Cape Cod,ma
Old 3 Weeks Ago

We do tacos or fajitas then, too, unless one of us is on call. Family rule that we don't do tacos/fajitas when on call because it seems to be a sure thing one of us gets called in.

For fajitas, we use a flat iron steak. We put a family-recipe 'steak salt' seasoning that consists, now, of onion powder ,garlic powder, celery salt, celery seed, black pepper, a little cayenne, ancho chili powder. We let the steak sit with that on it for an hour, or so, then grill it until it's just getting to rare. Carry over takes it to medium rare. We let it rest for about 15 minutes before slicing thin.

For the veggies, we cook thinly-sliced purple onion, bell pepper and jalapeño pepper in a smoking-hot cast iron skillet. We'll start with the onion, and get it almost browned before adding the pepper. Get some caramelization on the peppers and you're done.

For guacamole, we just use avocados (from Mexico!) :-), garlic and diced jalapeños, but add some curry powder to the mix. We'll also mix up a bit of taco seasoning in sour cream to add as a garnish.

Soft corn tortillas for me, and corn taco shells for my wife, and we're happy!
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTestDummy View Post
We do tacos or fajitas then, too, unless one of us is on call. Family rule that we don't do tacos/fajitas when on call because it seems to be a sure thing one of us gets called in.

For fajitas, we use a flat iron steak. We put a family-recipe 'steak salt' seasoning that consists, now, of onion powder ,garlic powder, celery salt, celery seed, black pepper, a little cayenne, ancho chili powder. We let the steak sit with that on it for an hour, or so, then grill it until it's just getting to rare. Carry over takes it to medium rare. We let it rest for about 15 minutes before slicing thin.

For the veggies, we cook thinly-sliced purple onion, bell pepper and jalapeño pepper in a smoking-hot cast iron skillet. We'll start with the onion, and get it almost browned before adding the pepper. Get some caramelization on the peppers and you're done.

For guacamole, we just use avocados (from Mexico!) :-), garlic and diced jalapeños, but add some curry powder to the mix. We'll also mix up a bit of taco seasoning in sour cream to add as a garnish.

Soft corn tortillas for me, and corn taco shells for my wife, and we're happy!

Sounds yummy.

Makes me want to do it all over again!!
Maybe tomorrow?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 3 Weeks Ago

There's NEVER a bad day for tacos or fajitas.... unless you're on-call.

Why not today? 'Taco Tmonday'!