Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Engine

Engine Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's engine.

Site Search:

Old 6 Days Ago

John, a filter seminar would be awesome!
I'm thinking with your knowledge a couple of cut up filters would be all we needed for props! An hour seems to be a good amount of time for the "Butt Clock"
It can be an open discussion or whatever you want to do.

Let me know when yo hear back from the War Department!

If you come, don't forget your Pinewood Derby Bus!
2000 LX40 ME "Angry Bird!"
Body# 129047
RShrimp@Yahoo.com
Old 6 Days Ago

Bruce can you describe your aux filtration oil system or better yet pictures? Where are they tapping the engine block and where is the return. What filter and micron size?
Kansas, Il
Old 6 Days Ago

I am sorry I cannot offer any photos. My Bird is in Mexico right now and I am in Canada. The filter is 5 Micron and the Baldwin equivalent of the Wix mentioned in one post. It is designated a bypass filter in the Wix documentation Owner Operators of Class 8 trucks are crazy over bypass systems. They use a system called OPS ecopure. It is much more complex and also very expensive. Truckers go 100,000 miles before oil changes with that system and regular oil analysis. My system is very simple . It mounts above the batteries in my PT38. HD hydraulic lines are used. I am new to Detroits but it is my understanding that soot is what kills them. Something to do with ring design and a 2 stroke. There are some you tube videos of the OPS system. Pittsburg Power and Kevin Rutherford of Road Dog Radio are big fans of that system. My Bird has a lot of miles on the engine and as far as I know neither me nor the first owner ever had serious engine problems. I have to believe it has to do with regular maintenance and the bypass system. It cannot be very expensive as it does not have any special parts. I will be changing that filter with all the others at my regular oil changes. Oil and filters are cheap. Even an inframe is darn expensive.

1988 PT38 La Reina Gitana II