Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 07-24-2018

Default Dometic CT Bluetooth thermostat

My front AC is DOA. Has anyone tried installing Dometics CT Bluetooth thermostat for JUST the front? Would be nice to control temp/fan/mode in front while driving.
The possible snag (I’m guessing) may be if the 3 AC control units are daisy chained and dependent on the first control board to establish the zones of the center and rear? In that case, unplugging the front 4 conductors might stop the center and rear from working at all?
2018 Subaru Crosstrek toad
Old 07-24-2018

I just replaced my front a/c a couple of days ago. My rear a/c (zone 3) was dead until I got the old control board installed in the new unit and wired back up.

David & Nicole Stokes
Valdosta, Georgia
'98 LXi 43'
'97 Jeep Wrangler
229-834-8677

Independent Consultant
The Pampered Chef
http://www.pamperedchef.biz/davidstokes
Old 07-24-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Stokes View Post
I just replaced my front a/c a couple of days ago. My rear a/c (zone 3) was dead until I got the old control board installed in the new unit and wired back up.
Thanks
That’s kind of what I suspected. Did zone 2 also cease functioning?
If not, maybe the daisy chain goes from thermostat to center ac to front and then to rear?
2018 Subaru Crosstrek toad
Old 07-24-2018

My middle a/c functioned well with the front ac disconnected. The extent of my knowledge is that zone 3 was blank when I tried to turn it on at the thermostat. hopefully you'll get some better answers soon.

David & Nicole Stokes
Valdosta, Georgia
'98 LXi 43'
'97 Jeep Wrangler
229-834-8677

Independent Consultant
The Pampered Chef
http://www.pamperedchef.biz/davidstokes