Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG YouTube

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Most Frequently Asked Questions About Operating Systems

Most Frequently Asked Questions About Operating Systems Here you will find some of the most frequently asked questions about the operating systems on a 'Bird. If you have one that you think should be added place it in here.

Site Search:

Old 01-13-2023

Default What does this light indicate?

I have recently purchased a 2001 LTC40. I was moving it between storage yards, about 35 miles into the 75 mile trip the red light below the fuel gauge came on (pic attached). There was no buzzer or anything, nothing seemed to be wrong. I was cruising along at about 75mph. I had just climbed a hill of maybe a 4-6% grade that was about a mile long.

I pulled off at the next exit, shut the bus down and did a walkaround. I found nothing wrong. When I turned it back on the light was out and it stayed out for the rest of the trip.

The light is unlabeled, and I've been unable to find any indication of what it means in any documentation or any forums. I've found many pictures of other LTC and Wanderlodge dashboards all with the same light but no label. In the parts manual, the diagram for the dash panel doesn't even show it.

I found a service bulletin/recall for a missing 'Check Trans' light that was added to some vehicles post-manufacture, but I've got one of those on the DDEC panel, so I don't think that's it.

Does anyone know what this light indicates? Any help would be appreciated. This is a retired prison bus that I'm planning to convert to a Motorhome. Its got its fair share of gremlins that I want to resolve before I get too far into it.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Warning_Light.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	84244  
Old 01-13-2023

If it's factory, you might find something over at the Vantage site.
https://vantage.blue-bird.com/Portal...r-Manuals.aspx
Old 01-14-2023

David...on my LX40 that light is labeled Susp Dump. FWIW.
Old 01-14-2023

On my BMC that light is the engine pre-heat, kinda like a glow plug or grid heater. Every time I turn on the ignition it turns amber then goes out in a couple of seconds, if it cold back there at the intake manifold say less than 25 degrees the system activates and the little blow torches in the intake manifold fire off and the amber sight stays on and I wait till it goes out then start the rig.
Old 01-15-2023

Thanks for the suggestions so far. JBerger, that website link didn't have anything for my bus. Found some cool manufacture-specific information, but no manuals or anything else.

I should have mentioned, I've got the Detroit 60 Series, so I think there are no glow plugs. There is no other Wait-to-Start light or anything on it. I didn't see anything else labeled for Suspension Dump, so maybe thats it. I don't remember what the pressures were when it went off. I do think it airs up slowly, but outside of a small one in a piston in the driver seat, I haven't found any leaks.
Old 01-15-2023

So where are lights for your turn indicators? I would think they would be green for the turn signals but not familiar with the LTC dash, its a bit different than the Wanderlodge. Or how about turn on your hazards, see if they both come on, I see there is a matching one on the other side, that is why I am thinking its turn signal indicator or hazards.
If that is the case then you may just have a wiring issue somewhere, it tends to happen on a bird.

Jeff LoGiudice
Jeff@GinosGarageUSA.com
Temple Terrace, Florida
1984 Bluebird PT40
#F063411 6V92TA & MT654CR
1998 Newell 2000 Coach #490
12.7L Series 60 & HD4060
YouTube-Gino's Garage https://www.youtube.com/user/xjrjeff
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #460
Old 01-15-2023

Just a few guesses that may (or may not) help:

Water in fuel tank?

Water in Racor?

Fire alarm at fridge or electrical panel?
Old 01-15-2023

David...on my 2001 LX40 that light is labeled Susp Dump.