Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > FC (Forward Control Unique Issues)

FC (Forward Control Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your FC model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.......List your FC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 10-04-2011
Got One

Default Water Fill

Well gang,

I can no longer get the the coach to fill with water, or get water flow from the city setting. So what ever I have left in the fresh water tanks, will be the end
Old 10-04-2011

That sounds so final, Hoagie! Probably a Sporlan valve that needs cleaning or fixing. I'm not sure where it is on a rear bath FC. Search for Sporlan valves and you will find a lot of threads.
Old 10-04-2011

See #14 on Frank's tip sheet, he's describing your problem.

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...=sporlan+valve
Old 10-04-2011
Got One

LOL.....didn't mean to make it so final sounding I think the sporlan valve in question is under the street side bed pedestal on a rear-bather, and I think I already have the solution courtesy of Dupree Products Now that I think about it, I wonder if a sporlan valve could be why I don't get chassie heat, because I've checked everywhere else, but I'll leave that topic for another thread Anyway, I'm taking that valve apart to clean/inspect it and maybe I'll save the new one as a replacement for another area of the coach Rich, thanks for the link up to #14
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0952.JPG
Views:	388
Size:	270.1 KB
ID:	12747   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0954.JPG
Views:	332
Size:	270.8 KB
ID:	12748  
Old 10-04-2011
Got One

The valve seemed to have some scaling going on and it was kind of dirty (black stuff wiped off the diaphram), so they are now bathing in a bowel of white vineger
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_0957.JPG
Views:	326
Size:	247.0 KB
ID:	12749  
Old 10-04-2011
Got One

Well...I cleaned and put the sporlan valve back together and removed the airators in the gally and bathroom faucets. I opened up the kitchen faudet and turned on the city water flow from my house. I got great water flow from the kitchen faucet, so I let it go for about a minute, then shut it off. Then I tried the bathroom faucet...Nothing. I then tried the kitchen faucet....Nothing. I then went out and flipped the tank fill switch. Through the open side window I could her the sporlan vavle clicking, so I toggled the switch back and fourth about 10 times, the tank fill started to work a little bit, but it is struggeling to flow like it should....At the rate its flowing, the water tanks will be full by my next birthday! Also, the sporlan valve is pretty warm to the touch. I listen to things in the hot water heater area and keep hearing water gurggling, trying to flow to full capacity? Whats in the water heater area ? Is there some kind of vavle back there in no mans land? I'm afraid that I'm going to have to gut the bathroom to work on this problem?
Old 10-04-2011
Got One

Okay...This is where my hot water heater is located. The water gurggling sounds seem to be coming from the street side of the HWH. There are no water leaks anywhere, so everything is tight as a drum. In a couple of my pictures there are two blocks of brass, with copper tubing and fittings going to them, and one has a red wire on top. Are these some kind of valve Oh, and the tank fill started flowing better, but when I switched it off, it wouldn't start up again, needless to say back to the same problem before cleaning the sporlan valve.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_0958.JPG
Views:	325
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	12751   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0963.JPG
Views:	323
Size:	272.9 KB
ID:	12752   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0964.JPG
Views:	308
Size:	263.8 KB
ID:	12753   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0965.JPG
Views:	334
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	12754  
Old 10-04-2011

I assume you verified the valves to and from the heater are set correctly? Any bypass valve? Aerators on the faucets clean? Did you try running water in coach just off tank?
VB 1570
Old 10-04-2011
Administrator

This link is a search on the " Versa Valve",

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...archid=1025118

this could be part of the problem, but this search will lead to a lot of info on the Domestic plumbing. Try a new rebuild kit in the Sporlan valve, open the high temp safety valve on the HWH to release air, the Versa valve is the winter air purge valve , It may need cleaned and lubed, also clean a the cartridge in the shower, & if it is the original Moen faucet, to the right is a brass plug , remove the non-scalding balance spool & soak it in vinegar, until it moves freely.
Old 10-04-2011
Got One

Bill...I replaced all of the Moen faucet cartridges. I have no idea what a Versa Valve is When I pulled open the high temp pressure lever on the hot water heater, it sprayed water (the HWH has been shut off for the last week) so I stopped doing that Its a very tight fit in the little closet where the HWH is too. What is this device in my photo It has an adjustment knob on it, and has a conteneous wattage of approx. 7.4 It has two copper lines going to it . My gosh, if I have to remove something in that HWH compartment, I can't see how without taking that whole corner of the bus apart to get to things
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_0967.JPG
Views:	322
Size:	260.3 KB
ID:	12759