Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds

Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds Other Coaches or anything else you have found for sale that others here might want to know about.

Site Search:

Old 11-19-2011

Default PT40 for $8,000

Tripped up on this today.

http://mcallen.en.craigslist.org/rvs/2704735099.html

There's a catch.

In return for the title, registration, and keys, you have to give a landlord $8,000 AND evict his problem tenant.
Washington, DC
Old 11-19-2011
Got One

LOL..Hmmmm...sounds like it could be the ex-wife? I would'nt touch that situation with a ten foot pool. The guy should file an unlawfull detainer with the court administrators office, then have the papers served to the deadbeat in the coach by a sheriff's deputy, notifiying the person of a court date to appear and explain his non-payment. Most of the time in court, the deadbeat is given seven days to remove themselves, or they will be removed. Also, they are held accountable for any criminal damage to the owners property. Thats just my two cents worth.
Old 11-19-2011
1983 FC 35 "Casa Billisa"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domer1970 View Post
Tripped up on this today.

http://mcallen.en.craigslist.org/rvs/2704735099.html

There's a catch.

In return for the title, registration, and keys, you have to give a landlord $8,000 AND evict his problem tenant.
That's pretty funny. Perhaps this is a "transfer station" its pretty close to the Mexican border.

Imagine getting involved in that situation! hahaha
St. Petersburg, Florida
Wanderlodge Social: https://mewe.com/profile/5bfc750ae760be22b1797898
Old 11-19-2011

Is that a WOG members PT?
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 11-19-2011

I have a 20' pole available for people who wouldn't touch that situation with a 10' pole
"Bordering On Adequate"
Old 11-19-2011

The face book link takes you to a pirate john, which I believe is a WOG member,
96wb42
Mid Door
Old 11-19-2011

First thing I would do is make sure the fire and theft insurance was up to date!Kidding
Old 11-19-2011
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanmarycamilleri View Post
The face book link takes you to a pirate john, which I believe is a WOG member,

You are correct Peter, PirateJohn visited the WOG one day ago.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 11-19-2011

John is on my face book I sent him a note about his bus and this was the reply.

44 minutes agoJohn PirateJohn Gilmer
Oh, I see. Craigslist ad. Ex-girlfriend ran that. She's kinda wasting everyone's time and trying to needle me.

First of all Chris, the bus is generally in Carrizo Springs if you consider the 7,500 square miles of the oil field around here to be Carrizo Springs. This is desert wilderness and hard for folks to imagine how vast it is. I have been pretty coy on Facebook about where I am at and I have actually been in Mexico for several months. Prior to that I was closer to San Antonio than anywhere else.

Secondly, the history of this is that Deborah (who ran the ad) is pretty cagey about forging paperwork. She converted the title from myself to herself secretly maybe 3-4 years ago and because she was the girlfriend I didn't call the cops at the time.

Somewhere along the lines she messed up the VIN #. If you know Bluebirds then casually work up to asking her for the VIN and you will see what I mean. On her registration it only displays 7 digits and if you know your early Bluebirds the early PT-40s all have a 17 digit VIN. What she has isn't even close.

Finally, I have a signed contract in my wallet (copy kept with a relative for safe keeping) giving me the bus and $1,500 in exchange for the business that Deb and I were doing jointly. She never gave me the $1,500 and has since refused to honor the contract that she signed. I really need to go into town and get a magistrate to reinforce that contract.

So I wouldn't trust her much further than I could throw her, but she might be more agreeable with an outside 3rd party (that "**** hath no fury like a woman scorned" thing) such as yourself.

Tell ya what I will do. If you can talk her down to something like $2K then I'll give you $2,500 in $500/month installments for your trouble.

Frankly, she'd probably go for $500 cash - I suspect that she's pretty desperate for cash these days. And it's worth $500 to me to get her to go away.

Good luck, but the Wanderlodge that I am in is not for sale. What Deborah has for sale is basically imaginary paperwork and a lot of bitterness.
281-546-2445
Old 11-19-2011

Yup. **** hath no fury like a woman scorned. She took that photo off of my Facebook page when I was broken down in San Ygnacio, TX and several of y'all were kind enough to give me some help so that I could get back up and running.

One has to laugh at this nonsense

PS -

She doesn't have the keys (I had the locks changed months ago), she doesn't have a legal title, and her registration hasn't been renewed for a year or two.

I have a bill of sale and have been in touch with the authorities about getting the thing re-titled with the correct VIN.

So she has either basically lost her mind, or trying to get someone to hassle me on their dime, and that's not smart out here in the oil fields

Like I told Chris, if someone can get her paperwork away from her for a nominal amount of money then I'll throw a little into the pot just to get her to go the blazes away. But email me privately at JWGilmer@RGVInternational.com - I'd prefer not to get a bidding war going with her and several folks from here.

(and the required Wanderlodge bits: 1982 PT-40, full-timers, currently in the tropical paradise along the Tex/Mex border)

Last edited by PirateJohn; 11-19-2011 at 05:29 PM.