Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 05-13-2014

Ed,

thank s for the info on the jacks . we have been with Rick , so the slide issue hasn't been a big deal . we changed oil , and Rick found a little air leak we had so today was oil change and height valve replacement . not sure if we will get to the slide but first step will be replacing a set of group 31 s . they all tested bad at alliance

we are having a grand time with Rick & Marilyn , so who needs a slide hahaha Tonight we met up with Greg & Jane so the 6 of us enjoyed some BBQ on the River

2000 LXI Single Slide (sold)
1999 Prevost Vantare 45

Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 05-14-2014

Al

A bad relay contact will pass enough voltage to be read with a high impedance DVOM, but will not conduct enough current to saturate the coil and energize a solenoid valve. If you can get your hands on a Simpson 260 analog VOM it will give you a better reading by loading up the circuit. It uses a d'arsonval ( whew...been along time since I've tried to spell that ) meter movement.

Last edited by jwmp; 05-14-2014 at 09:18 PM.
Old 05-15-2014

While its true that a high resistance contact will not show a volt drop until loaded, I dont think a 260 will load it enough to matter.
The 260 has a 20k ohm/volt sensitivity. Thats more load than a typical DVM but still not much of a load...

If you want to load the circuit use a light bulb or resistor, or check the voltage under the normal loading.

Ive got fond memories of the 260. It was a rite of passage when you got one to carry around while working. After the DVMs came out I didnt miss it though. It was heavy and bulky and I had to carry it up lots of stairs along with other tools...

Heres a website dedicated to the 260 ;}
http://simpson260.com

HTH, Joe

'93 WB40 'Alligator'
Sedona, AZ
Fun-Fun-Fun Till they take the BlueBird Away!