Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Catastrophes, Fires, Flood, Accidents, etc...

Catastrophes, Fires, Flood, Accidents, etc... Post those photos, videos and articles about the above topics right here of both 'Birds and other RV's to share and compare with the group.

Site Search:

Old 04-21-2017

Default Satellite destroyed

I'm always looking ahead for this, but this time I goofed. Has anyone had this experience before? I was driving through a very nice neighborhood today when all of a sudden, bam!!! When I finally stopped and got out of my bus, my In-motion king dome satellite was smashed and hanging on about 15 feet from its original position on the roof.

I found out from a local in the neighborhood that the homeowner in question has been warned numerous time about this huge low hanging oak tree branch. The county has documented complaints as well, but the homeowner refuse to cut it, because supposedly it would ruin the character of his tree. Evidently, no one has forced him to cut that dangerous branch. The local resident says that the even the Garbage trucks avoid this huge low hanging branch by driving in the left lane and halfway off the pavement to avoid this tree.

I took the broken satellite and knocked on the homeowner's door. No one seemed to be home or answer the door. The local resident who assisted me was going to take the broken satellite back to the house when they were home. He will also get me the Homeowner's name and address. Any legal legal opinions on what my options are. Or, am I out of luck?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5158.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	48363   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5161.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	48364  

Kent & Pearl Glover
1985 FC-35RB "Wild and Wanderful"
Tampa, Fl
(813) 454-6347
Email: juballer22@gmail.com
Old 04-21-2017

I thought all roads had to have branches cleared to 14' by law. Of course, FL could be different.

David & Nicole Stokes
Valdosta, Georgia
'98 LXi 43'
'97 Jeep Wrangler
229-834-8677

Independent Consultant
The Pampered Chef
http://www.pamperedchef.biz/davidstokes
Old 04-21-2017

Kent, I don't know the law of that particular location, but if it is below their rules then you have a valid complaint. I don't know what insurance you have, but if they aren't as pro-active on this as you think they should be, file a small claim, in the local court. Small claims usually are allowed for anything under $3000 and there is a minimal charge to file it. You don't need an attorney for that either. Take the names of the individuals that advised you that the county has warned this guy and that he refused to cut the limb. Check with the street department and see what their records show. Talk to the trash pick up people too. Get all the info you can get and go after the guy. Good luck.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 04-21-2017

FL has private roads in some neighborhoods (mostly gated communities)
You only own the part of the tree that is over your property. (You neighbor can trim the part of your tree that hangs over the property line and there is precedence for this.)

So where were you? Public or private road? State road, or county road? If private you have a beef with the association, if public the govt.

That's my opinion. Pick your battles wisely!
2000 LX40 ME "Angry Bird!"
Body# 129047
RShrimp@Yahoo.com
Old 04-21-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
Kent, I don't know the law of that particular location, but if it is below their rules then you have a valid complaint. I don't know what insurance you have, but if they aren't as pro-active on this as you think they should be, file a small claim, in the local court. Small claims usually are allowed for anything under $3000 and there is a minimal charge to file it. You don't need an attorney for that either. Take the names of the individuals that advised you that the county has warned this guy and that he refused to cut the limb. Check with the street department and see what their records show. Talk to the trash pick up people too. Get all the info you can get and go after the guy. Good luck.
Thanks Jim,
I going to take that route. If nothing else, I'm hoping that this tree branch will be cut down after this incident, to prevent this from happening to someone else.

Kent & Pearl Glover
Tampa, Fl
(813) 454-6347
Old 04-21-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Stokes View Post
I thought all roads had to have branches cleared to 14' by law. Of course, FL could be different.
Dave,
I checked and it's 14 feet in Florida.

Kent & Pearl Glover
Tampa, Fl
(813) 454-6347
Old 04-21-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshrimp View Post
FL has private roads in some neighborhoods (mostly gated communities)
You only own the part of the tree that is over your property. (You neighbor can trim the part of your tree that hangs over the property line and there is precedence for this.)

So where were you? Public or private road? State road, or county road? If private you have a beef with the association, if public the govt.

That's my opinion. Pick your battles wisely!
Not sure, but I believe it's a public road. I will find out for sure next week.

Kent & Pearl Glover
Tampa, Fl
(813) 454-6347
Old 04-22-2017
Timberlake Products Group

The branch in question (about 20 doors up from me) measures 11' 6" from hard top to the significantly scarfed up bottom as my wife and I measured it this evening. It has been hanging low for most of the 17 years I have lived on the street. This guy has been approached numerous times to no avail, sad, so sad, especially for Kent

A very public street too!

Ryan and Michelle Saari
1985 PT36
1983 FC35RB Left me for Atlanta!
Clearwater, Florida

My Ebay store:http://stores.ebay.com/Timberlake-Pr...oup?rmvSB=true
Old 04-22-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokitty View Post
The branch in question (about 20 doors up from me) measures 11' 6" from hard top to the significantly scarfed up bottom as my wife and I measured it this evening. It has been hanging low for most of the 17 years I have lived on the street. This guy has been approached numerous times to no avail, sad, so sad, especially for Kent

A very public street too!
I thought that branch sounded familiar. I've taken my coach down that street a number of times. It really is a nasty spot. I hold my breath every time I go past it. Sorry to hear that it got you, Kent.

Last edited by Kev; 04-22-2017 at 01:09 PM.
Old 04-22-2017

In Pa you cut or they do. What's up with FL?

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold