Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Catastrophes, Fires, Flood, Accidents, etc...

Catastrophes, Fires, Flood, Accidents, etc... Post those photos, videos and articles about the above topics right here of both 'Birds and other RV's to share and compare with the group.

Site Search:

Old 04-22-2017
Gardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokitty View Post
The branch in question (about 20 doors up from me) measures 11' 6" from hard top to the significantly scarfed up bottom as my wife and I measured it this evening. It has been hanging low for most of the 17 years I have lived on the street. This guy has been approached numerous times to no avail, sad, so sad, especially for Kent

A very public street too!
Maybe he should be required to post "Low Clearance" signs

Secondly, what is the clearance on the Fire Engines?? Maybe that will get the town fired up
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 04-22-2017

Isn't the local DOT responsible for keeping the roads passible? If the branch is only 11' 6" and the law states that it has to be 14' I would think the city is responsible. Maybe I am wrong

Best Regards,
Dan Leftwich
Somers NY
1987 35FC
"BaBar"
Old 04-22-2017
Timberlake Products Group

Ya, that dang branch is hindering my RV campground and repair facility, hee, hee!

Ryan and Michelle Saari
1985 PT36
1983 FC35RB Left me for Atlanta!
Clearwater, Florida

My Ebay store:http://stores.ebay.com/Timberlake-Pr...oup?rmvSB=true
Old 04-22-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblerboy64 View Post
In Pa you cut or they do. What's up with FL?
Same in AZ, and if they cut it they charge you for it, plus a fine.

THE SHORT BUS
(She's Just a Little Slow)
Old 04-22-2017

The RV campground and repair facility should warn customers of the low branch and direct them elsewhere. The responsibly lies with those that have been aware of the problem for years and have done nothing about it. At some point in time our birds will hit at 11.5'. Man.......

D from D
Old 04-22-2017

Here's an update: I contacted the homeowner by phone. I asked him he was going to replace my dome. He said he did not feel like he was responsible or had any liability. He said that I should have seen it and moved over to the left side of the road. Taller trucks have hit in the past. (Thanks for info)! He wanted to know how tall my RV was, blah, blah, blah. He said over and over that he's not liable. I said ok, no problem, we will let the courts decide.

An hour later, he calls me back. He wanted to work something out. He told me to get an estimate to replace my dome, and he will see what he can do. He pretty much told me that he didn't want to cut his tree because it was beautiful and valuable. I think he knows what's coming next if we go to court. I will call Parliament Monday for an estimate.

Kent & Pearl Glover
1985 FC-35RB "Wild and Wanderful"
Tampa, Fl
(813) 454-6347
Email: juballer22@gmail.com
Old 04-22-2017

17 years we've known about it but we'll take it to court? In the time it takes to call the courthouse, the branch could be removed. It will be interesting when you tell the judge you knew about the branch for 17 years and it didn't fix itself. How about a little personal responsibility? You knew about the problem but you'll fix him? Go get 'em!

D from D
Old 04-22-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
17 years we've known about it but we'll take it to court? In the time it takes to call the courthouse, the branch could be removed. It will be interesting when you tell the judge you knew about the branch for 17 years and it didn't fix itself. How about a little personal responsibility? You knew about the problem but you'll fix him? Go get 'em!

D from D
Slow it down a bit Darryl, if you are referring to me. This was my first trek into this neighborhood. AND, I am taking steps to make it right. I'm not the the type of person who look to sue someone to get rich. My daughter is an attorney, and I haven't even mentioned it her. Like Jim said, small claims court will resolve this.

Kent & Pearl Glover
1985 FC-35RB "Wild and Wanderful"
Tampa, Fl
(813) 454-6347
Email: juballer22@gmail.com
Old 04-22-2017
Timberlake Products Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl View Post

D from D
Hmmmm, another armchair morality expert You go Darryl!...

Ryan and Michelle Saari
1985 PT36
1983 FC35RB Left me for Atlanta!
Clearwater, Florida

My Ebay store:http://stores.ebay.com/Timberlake-Pr...oup?rmvSB=true
Old 04-22-2017

Seems very strange to me. I don't know who is liable but that should be pretty easy to ascertain . Who ever it is being foolish about the limb. The other thing which seems a bit odd is that some truck just hasn't come along and busted the limb to the point that it had to be cut. Hope it didn't damage the roof of your BB Kent better get up there and verify that to be the case. Some one is going to come along and clear off two or three roof airs and then the fun begins. Again seems rather odd to me. This guy have a friend in high places?

I don't see much to debate or anything to do with morality even. It's clearly a matter of what is allowed. My guess is that the home owner is responsible and he hasn't taken action. Only puzzle is why the township hasn't just cut the branch. Most be more to it then what we know.

I've got a tree that is close to some electrical wires and ever couple years the town ship drops me a greeting that I trim or they will. I let them do it and I don't recall that I was ever billed for the work.

This is pretty simple stupid yet there appears to be something missing in the story.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold