Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Catastrophes, Fires, Flood, Accidents, etc...

Catastrophes, Fires, Flood, Accidents, etc... Post those photos, videos and articles about the above topics right here of both 'Birds and other RV's to share and compare with the group.

Site Search:

Old 04-22-2017

In FL we have canopy roads where the trees are protected .. even if they are low. BUT the low ones are clearly marked.
2000 LX40 ME "Angry Bird!"
Body# 129047
RShrimp@Yahoo.com
Old 04-22-2017
Timberlake Products Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblerboy64 View Post
Seems very strange to me. I don't know who is liable but that should be pretty easy to ascertain . Who ever it is being foolish about the limb. The other thing which seems a bit odd is that some truck just hasn't come along and busted the limb to the point that it had to be cut. Hope it didn't damage the roof of your BB Kent better get up there and verify that to be the case. Some one is going to come along and clear off two or three roof airs and then the fun begins. Again seems rather odd to me. This guy have a friend in high places?
I think you have some good insight John. A bit of the back story. My street is 3/4 mile long, dead ended with 56 houses on it. Big lots and houses filled with mostly doctors, lawyers and a few bums like me My house is the 5th from the smallest with a few houses in excess of 8000 square feet air conditioned. Our newest house is just shy of 9000' A/C'd and ugly as sin!

Anyway, Over the years I have seen the power company, tree services, county trucks, city trucks, police, cable company etc. out looking at this limb-in-question. As you surmised, I think he has friends in high places because the limb is still there as of today. The garbage trucks, power company trucks, UPS and what have you drive into the oncoming traffic lane to avoid hitting the low slung limb. I called the City of Largo yesterday after Kents incident and questioned them as to why things are the way they (still) are? The city guy basically alluded to your final observation... I guess who-you-know trumps what-you-know around these parts? Good news is, the city guy said it was going to get cut back once and for all. I guess we will see? I will take some pictures as the bottom of the limb has been hammered bad.

Ryan and Michelle Saari
1985 PT36
1983 FC35RB Left me for Atlanta!
Clearwater, Florida

My Ebay store:http://stores.ebay.com/Timberlake-Pr...oup?rmvSB=true
Old 04-22-2017

Not a morality expert and dont like being trolled. It's part of being an adult, not calling names.

If I walk into a known problem it becomes my problem. Much easier to fix a problem, take some personal responsibility, than it is trying to collect on what I should have known would happen, especially after 17 years. A simple "stay to the left" would have worked. Or "hey, that branch has been hitting birds for 17 years. Watch out!" Or " don't go that way".

D from D
Old 04-22-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
Not a morality expert and dont like being trolled. It's part of being an adult, not calling names.

If I walk into a known problem it becomes my problem. Much easier to fix a problem, take some personal responsibility, than it is trying to collect on what I should have known would happen, especially after 17 years. A simple "stay to the left" would have worked. Or "hey, that branch has been hitting birds for 17 years. Watch out!" Or " don't go that way".

D from D
Everyone is welcome to their opinion and goodness knows I am often the odd man out. However when you express an opinion you open yourself to rebuttals. Clearly being a good neighbor would dictate cutting the branch to avoid causing damage simply because a sign while a step in the right direction is going to be missed from time to time. The only argument to the contrary is ? Well what is the argument ? The tree will be damaged by being hit at sometime the limb will clearly have to be cut what could be gained by delay? I think we're a pretty reasonable bunch here so if you think Kent is being unreasonable I'd like to be informed as to what would be a better path. Better for everyone including the tree. If the objection is the threat of legal action consider the history and the attempts taken in the past. In some parts the locals put a ladder and a chain saw in the back of the pickup and just take care of the problem. If the tree is to be protected then traffic of over sized vehicles should be blocked on that street. Block the traffic or cut the limb? No brainer .

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 04-22-2017

Let me give you a different route to go if he fails to pay for your damage. Contact his insurance company and file a claim against his homeowner's policy. If he will not tell you who his company is, call your company and they will look it up.

99% of the HO polices in the USA not only cover the property, but also automatically offers a small amount of liability coverage.

This coverage is triggered when the homeowner becomes legally liable. He becomes legally liable when he is negligence. He is negligence if he has known about the potential for damage and has failed to correct it.
Old 04-22-2017

Quote:
Everyone is welcome to their opinion and goodness knows I am often the odd man out. However when you express an opinion you open yourself to rebuttals. Clearly being a good neighbor would dictate cutting the branch to avoid causing damage simply because a sign while a step in the right direction is going to be missed from time to time. The only argument to the contrary is ? Well what is the argument ? The tree will be damaged by being hit at sometime the limb will clearly have to be cut what could be gained by delay? I think we're a pretty reasonable bunch here so if you think Kent is being unreasonable I'd like to be informed as to what would be a better path. Better for everyone including the tree. If the objection is the threat of legal action consider the history and the attempts taken in the past. In some parts the locals put a ladder and a chain saw in the back of the pickup and just take care of the problem. If the tree is to be protected then traffic of over sized vehicles should be blocked on that street. Block the traffic or cut the limb? No brainer .
John, is this a rebuttal? My opinion remains the same: don't blame someone else for what you should take responsibility for. 17 years been hassling with it? Why? Take a saw, hop on the roof of the bird, cut the branch off, done. Let them take action against you. No drama, no broken satellite dishes, no names, no trolling.

D from D
Old 04-22-2017
Timberlake Products Group

How about reading this first D before your armrest breaks... http://wfla.com/2017/04/21/st-pete-m...runing-bushes/

Pay careful attention to 2 words: willfully and maliciously

Ryan and Michelle Saari
1985 PT36
1983 FC35RB Left me for Atlanta!
Clearwater, Florida

My Ebay store:http://stores.ebay.com/Timberlake-Pr...oup?rmvSB=true
Old 04-22-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
John, is this a rebuttal? My opinion remains the same: don't blame someone else for what you should take responsibility for. 17 years been hassling with it? Why? Take a saw, hop on the roof of the bird, cut the branch off, done. Let them take action against you. No drama, no broken satellite dishes, no names, no trolling.

D from D
That WOULD be a solution but it's probably outside the law . Difficult for me to understand your point of view on this one but be that as I may I'd like my friend Kent to remain unharmed. Assuming your point of view the tree owner in question may take it as HIS responsibility to blow a hole in Mr Kent's back side while he is trimming the offending branch. Are we being disagreeable just because we can be?

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 04-22-2017
Forum owner

we had a guy like that in Fl.
One day i was driving my big green forklift dow the road and the forks were way up high and hit the limb.
Big green-6
big limb-0
the guy did come and complain,but i explained the situation,
I did leave the big limb for him,just dropped it on his side of the fence.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 04-22-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblerboy64 View Post
That WOULD be a solution but it's probably outside the law . Difficult for me to understand your point of view on this one but be that as I may I'd like my friend Kent to remain unharmed. Assuming your point of view the tree owner in question may take it as HIS responsibility to blow a hole in Mr Kent's back side while he is trimming the offending branch. Are we being disagreeable just because we can be?
I Have no doubt the guy would come out shooting if he saw someone cutting his beloved tree! He does not want the branch cut! For whatever reason, (I agree with John, this guy must have connections with county officials), he has been able to avoid cutting it for years. Even though there has been complaints in the past, no serious damage has been inflicted on anyone until now.

Garbage trucks just keep it moving and the taxpayers foot the bill for repairs. For him to tell me to get an estimate to replace my satellite means he knows he's liable to some degree. We'll see what happens after he gets the estimate. And there's no need for anyone to lose or prevent a friendship from developing over this.

Kent & Pearl Glover
1985 FC-35RB "Wild and Wanderful"
Tampa, Fl
(813) 454-6347
Email: juballer22@gmail.com