Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Catastrophes, Fires, Flood, Accidents, etc...

Catastrophes, Fires, Flood, Accidents, etc... Post those photos, videos and articles about the above topics right here of both 'Birds and other RV's to share and compare with the group.

Site Search:

Old 12-05-2009
Tommy Two Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrueckwald View Post
The area shown in these pictures is the same area many of us have been talking about after Randy's fire. Several days ago John pointed out from my posted picture that one of those two fuses clamped by Blue Bird rather than their installing a fuse holder appeared to have slipped. True enough. It is now protected. In further inspection yesterday, I found the other one of those two fuses within 1/8" of metal-to-metal contact, and although clamped fairly tightly, was at risk of shorting. It is now protected and both are awaiting delivery of proper fuse holders.

Furthermore, a maintenance facility had recently rerouted the inverter wires over a sharp edge and left them unprotected. That makes five potential fire-starting sources in that compartment found to date. I don't think there are any more, but it serves as a warning to check these out thoroughly.

Who would have thought it? So sad that it took two fires for us to find those issues. On a happier note, many more coaches are probably saved as a result.
Ron, where did you post the picture to which you refer?

Tommy 'Two Shoes' McCarthy

GoneAway
2006 M450LXI
Gardnerville, NV
Near South Lake Tahoe in the Carson Valley
Old 12-05-2009
Forum Moderator

I thought you folks might be interested in the local paper here in Bakersfield this morning. A couple of days ago I wrote a letter to the editor of the OPINION section of the paper thanking people and businesses for their help. Yesterday that editor called me and told me that the paper had decided to pull my scribbling from the Opinion section and make an article out of it. They sent a photographer over, took copious pictures and then, according to Sue, published the least flattering one of her. Personally I think it's a pretty good one. Anyways they put the article on the front page. To say I'm pleased that these good Samaritans are acknowledge in such a manner is an understatement. In case you're interested here's the link to the paper. You will find the article under the heading YOU REPORT.

http://www.bakersfield.com/
Old 12-05-2009
Administrator

Good Job Rob & Sue, This was very thoughtful.

It is reassuring to know, that are plenty of good folks in this world.
Also a side note, These BB's will humbly the best, in one way or another.
Old 12-05-2009

Default Posted Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcandt View Post
Ron, where did you post the picture to which you refer?
I am not sure where it was originally posted, but it appears again as the "before" picture as well as the "after" picture under the thread "What Is This Device?" about a day ago. This is an area well worth fixing.
Old 12-05-2009

Default BB Fire Bakersfield CA

Very good writeup.
Sue, that is a very good pic of you.
Joey, looks like he is really sucking up to you two LOL, and you Rob, gosh, no matter which pic they put you in, you always look the same