Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Catastrophes, Fires, Flood, Accidents, etc...

Catastrophes, Fires, Flood, Accidents, etc... Post those photos, videos and articles about the above topics right here of both 'Birds and other RV's to share and compare with the group.

Site Search:

Old 11-26-2009
Can't re-member

Default Fire

Rob,

Oh man I'm so sorry to hear about the fire. I am glad to hear that y'all are okay.

John & Gladys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Robinson View Post
At 6:45pm today my 94 BB experienced an engine bay fire in Bakersfield Ca. We pulled into the Walmart lot at around 5pm, shopped for half an hour, watched tv for an hour and then went to dinner at the Road House. While in the restaurant the fire began. It is most likely electrical in nature but this will have to be confirmed by an inspector I'm sure. When the waitress informed me of the fire all I could think about was our little dog Joey. I ran into the parking lot and was immediately told that Joey was safe. I found him in the arms of a petite little gal. Get this......she borrowed a tire iron, smashed the window in the door, climbed in got Joey and passed him out the window before climbing out herself. All this before the fire department arrived. When the local news arrived and wanted to interview me I gave them a few particulars and told them they needed to talk to this little gal. They did and hopefully she'll get some Attaboys for saving my dog. In the confusion I didn't get her name but I'm going to try and rectify that before long. I'm no expert when it comes to damage assessment but I think this is a write off. I can tell that the fire most likely began in the area of the 3 engine batteries or the main electrical panel directly behind them on the bulkhead. I will take pictures tomorrow. Sue and I will remain in Bakersfield for a few days to sort things out and figure out how to get our stuff home. We'll keep you posted but in the mean time you folks start checking those high current wires.

John Stiles
1980 33FC
"My Navion". SOLD
Stockbridge, GA
Old 11-26-2009

Dear Rob, Sue and Joey,

Schrecklich! Not the kind of news we where looking for on this Thanksgiving. So glad to hear you 3 are OK.

Would love to say come on over, but unfortunately NH being on the other side of the country, does not make it practical.

Kurt & Lynn
Old 11-26-2009

What a terrible thing to have happen on this day. The loss of your home in a fire. I feel so sorry for you and Sue. To have Joey saved by a little Hero is a silver lining in this dark cloud.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 11-26-2009
Gardner

This is once again a terrible thing to happen to a coach that is known to be meticulously maintained. I am very sorry to hear of this. I ope you are able to put this behind you and get back on the road soon.
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey

Last edited by gcyeaw; 11-26-2009 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Move additional comments to new thread
Old 11-26-2009
ANOTHER REDNECK

gotta take that teal out for sure~!
Pleasanton Tx 78064
Do not use PM... please use
rwoody@fullnet.net
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=254
http://www.ebay.com/usr/woody19571
F133316 BODY NUMBER
Old 11-26-2009

Such sad news on this day of Thanksgiving; wish we could be there to help you sort things out. You have lots of friends here on the forum.

Thanks to the heroine for saving little Joey.

Dick & Patsy
SOLD 89 FC in 2012; SOLD 88 WB in 2016
Rolla, MO 65401
Old 11-26-2009
Forum owner

The rare teal color is fast becoming extinct.
I just wish it was because of re-paints.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 11-26-2009

This is indeed bad news. But- the first coach to have that problem was Ron Marabitos 92 WLWB. He was 2 miles from my house this past June on his way for flooring and he called and said smoke is coming from the engine. Fortunately, he shut the engine down and then the generator squirrel cage compartment was smoking. Bim and I rushed there and saw the flames dropping to the ground. With the help of a passerby, the fire was quickly extinguished. The fire dept cut the battery cables. Ron has his coach back after 2 months at Prevost car in dallas. I'm due to recarpet it in Dec.
Ernie- New River, Az adding flooring in an XXV
www.ernieekbergflooring.net
Old 11-26-2009

Default Joey saved from fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Robinson View Post
At 6:45pm today my 94 BB experienced an engine bay fire in Bakersfield Ca. We pulled into the Walmart lot at around 5pm, shopped for half an hour, watched tv for an hour and then went to dinner at the Road House. While in the restaurant the fire began. It is most likely electrical in nature but this will have to be confirmed by an inspector I'm sure. When the waitress informed me of the fire all I could think about was our little dog Joey. I ran into the parking lot and was immediately told that Joey was safe. I found him in the arms of a petite little gal. Get this......she borrowed a tire iron, smashed the window in the door, climbed in got Joey and passed him out the window before climbing out herself. All this before the fire department arrived. When the local news arrived and wanted to interview me I gave them a few particulars and told them they needed to talk to this little gal. They did and hopefully she'll get some Attaboys for saving my dog. In the confusion I didn't get her name but I'm going to try and rectify that before long. I'm no expert when it comes to damage assessment but I think this is a write off. I can tell that the fire most likely began in the area of the 3 engine batteries or the main electrical panel directly behind them on the bulkhead. I will take pictures tomorrow. Sue and I will remain in Bakersfield for a few days to sort things out and figure out how to get our stuff home. We'll keep you posted but in the mean time you folks start checking those high current wires.
Here's a local news clip & video from Bakersfield, CA

http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/l...?video=YHI&t=a

http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/local/74385482.html
Rolla, MO 65401

Last edited by giderich; 11-26-2009 at 11:20 AM. Reason: added video
Old 11-26-2009

Default Rob, Sue & Joey saved from fire

Here is a video.

http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/l...?video=YHI&t=a
Rolla, MO 65401