Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 04-19-2012
davidmbrady

Default 2000 & '01 LXi Recall, Rear Ctrl Box Ign Switch

Darrel and Jennifer (BeeBee) had a problem with a faulty starter in their 2000 LXi. This recall addresses a problem with the push button starter switch in the remote control box at the rear of the coach. Seems the button can stick resulting in S60 starter motor damage. May as well check to see if you have the new style push button switch.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf LXi Recall Rear Ctrl Box Ign Switch.pdf (35.3 KB, 361 views)
Old 09-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmbrady View Post
Darrel and Jennifer (BeeBee) had a problem with a faulty starter in their 2000 LXi. This recall addresses a problem with the push button starter switch in the remote control box at the rear of the coach. Seems the button can stick resulting in S60 starter motor damage. May as well check to see if you have the new style push button switch.

Wow David, I just saw this. I must have missed when we were so busy during the spring. I'll direct Darrel to your post.

Anyone who has a 2000 LXi should take note and get this button replaced, because this stranded us, (well big Bro David was there to help us out, thank goodness ) for 2 days in Asheville and was an expensive mobile repair job.
Old 09-08-2012

My remote button/switch ( on my 2000 43LXi ) works fine. Is there a real reason to replace it? Are you folks suggesting that someone is going to replace it under warranty? Who would i go to to get it replaced under warranty?

Old 09-08-2012
prone to wandering

I wonder if this issue extends to the 2001 LX? The reason I ask is that my rear start switch was unplugged when I got the coach. I have not bothered to look into why but perhaps a faulty switch could be the reason.
jimdoel@me.com
Old 09-08-2012
davidmbrady

I don't think anyone's going to do it under warranty. I'd take the BB part numbers spec-ed in the notice and I'd call the parts department at Holland Motors Michigan (both the bus and motorhome sides) to see if they're available. If not then maybe someone can open up an '02 or '03 LX or LXi to see if a manufacturer's name and part number is on the switches, or maybe just check with BlueSea or Cole Hersee to see if they carry suitable water proof marine style replacements.
Old 09-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmbrady View Post
I don't think anyone's going to do it under warranty. I'd take the BB part numbers spec-ed in the notice and I'd call the parts department at Holland Motors Michigan (both the bus and motorhome sides) to see if they're available. If not then maybe someone can open up an '02 or '03 LX or LXi to see if a manufacturer's name and part number is on the switches, or maybe just check with BlueSea or Cole Hersee to see if they carry suitable water proof marine style replacements.
On my 03 LX it has a two terminal momentary toggle switch instead of a start button. Couldn't make out any numbers on the switches.