Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 11-25-2018

Smile

Rick, keep in mind Vancomycin is a very nephro toxic drug, drink plenty of water to wash out the metabolites. Also, can have a profoundly negative effect on your gut flora leading to c-diff a terrible form of infectious diarrhea. That happens as a result of the drug killing and changing the the normal ratios of bacteria in your gut. C-diff is always present in the gut but when it is not kept in proper numbers it becomes a big problem. Using lactobacillus and Greek yogurts with live cultures can help your gut to weather the storm as well. 80% of our immunity they are finding is mediated through the gut and what is called the microbiome.

Very important to keep that infection from entering the bone.

Curious whether the approach for your surgery was done with a limited incision approach or open.

Best to you in healing.
Craig.haedrich@hotmail.com
717 743-8764
Old 11-25-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78bbird View Post
Rick I hope all goes well and you get better soon!
I am going on 10 years when I had T12 removed and ladder bars from T9 to L3. Just this spring I went to one of the top 4 N/S in the U.S. and found out that 5 nerve roots and everything on my left side were cut to install the cage and bars. I just got back from UCSF for a temp nerve block and it looks like I will have some nerves killed soon to block the pain. Keep moving and take care of yourself!
WOW! Hope it goes good for you , Mark.

1980 FC35, 1961 PD4106 GMC SN:326 Charter member of the Two Bus Club for now
I am in Toledo, Ohio
Rick Gunther
Old 11-25-2018

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-Liberty View Post
Rick, keep in mind Vancomycin is a very nephro toxic drug, drink plenty of water to wash out the metabolites. Also, can have a profoundly negative effect on your gut flora leading to c-diff a terrible form of infectious diarrhea. That happens as a result of the drug killing and changing the the normal ratios of bacteria in your gut. C-diff is always present in the gut but when it is not kept in proper numbers it becomes a big problem. Using lactobacillus and Greek yogurts with live cultures can help your gut to weather the storm as well. 80% of our immunity they are finding is mediated through the gut and what is called the microbiome.

Very important to keep that infection from entering the bone.

Curious whether the approach for your surgery was done with a limited incision approach or open.

Best to you in healing.

I do drink a lot of water. Up every two hours at night to pee. I have yogurt every morning with old fashioned oatmeal. I think open on the incision. It is about 9" long. When the back was infected, the incision was HOT and very painful. I could feel the heat 3 inches away from my back. This surgeon has a very good rep for no problems after surgery. Somebody had to be the exception to the rule. The back just feels fatigued now from walking every day and PT exercises. Have an appointment with surgeon tomorrow. Hope he will allow me to drive, run the lawn tractor and shoot a *****. My short three item bucket list!

Rick in Ohio

I am in Toledo, Ohio
Rick Gunther
Old 11-26-2018

Sorry to read this Rick. You go in for one problem and end up with worse. This is not all that uncommon. You were lucky to get out of there with a pulse.

You were not treated well my friend.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 12-14-2018

Default Finally

I am out of the infusion business. I won't miss six hours a day sitting still thinking about projects stacking up in the shop. We went to see the infectious disease doc and he removed the PICC line and the nurse came yesterday to give me the release and final exam. Without the vacomycin I feel 100% better. My digestive system is getting back to normal and I feel more energy. I slept for 6.5 hours night before last. On the road to recovery.

Rick in Ohio

I am in Toledo, Ohio
Rick Gunther
Old 12-14-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday1 View Post
I am out of the infusion business. I won't miss six hours a day sitting still thinking about projects stacking up in the shop. We went to see the infectious disease doc and he removed the PICC line and the nurse came yesterday to give me the release and final exam. Without the vacomycin I feel 100% better. My digestive system is getting back to normal and I feel more energy. I slept for 6.5 hours night before last. On the road to recovery.

Rick in Ohio
Good news Rick. Nothing worse than feeling bad unless it is around Christmas. So, hope you enjoy your Christmas and have a Happy New Year

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 12-14-2018
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday1 View Post

Rick in Ohio

Good news Rick.
Be well.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-14-2018
Administrator

THanks for the update, this is better news
Old 12-14-2018

Great news Rick!! Keep on going & looking forward to more projects. I have some I need to finish this year!
2006 Jeep TJ Wrangler X
See my Album!
Old 12-14-2018

That is great news! Keep on healing!
porschenein59@gorge.net

"There comes a time in a mans life where he must take the bull by the tail,, and face the situation."