Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > How to use the Forum Features

How to use the Forum Features Information on general forum usage and reading/posting messages. also "How To Do It" TUTORIAL Instructions, on using the forum

Site Search:

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilulissat View Post
Apologies for missing the credit. Was curious if you have drawings for the drop down bumper as well? I have my FC apart replacing belts and pulleys. Would like to do the swing rad conversion while I am at it.

Thank You
The drop down bumper is the simplest part. This is just one way, but how I did it.
Mount the bumper with your spacers. Make a template from a piece of cardboard approximately 2”x 6”. Place the cardboard flush with the bottom of the bumper about an inch forward from the back edge, and against the outside of the frame rail. Line the back end up with the lowest available hole or the front frame spreader bolt. Mark the center for drilling and mark a radius under the front edge. Copy the template on a piece of 1/4 or 3/8. Mild steel.
Cut them out the same, bolt the brackets to the outer frame rails, “remove the lower frame spreader bolt on each side and use one. 1/2” bolts longer if needed”
Check that the fit is flush against the bumper bottom, adjust the angle if needed, mark the bumper clearly. I used a thin metal cut wheel to lightly score the chrome, sides and front edge. Remove the bumper and brackets, line up and clamp the brackets to the bumper and weld them up. Re-install bumper, bolt brackets and you can then take the 4 bolts loose and swing the bumper Dow.
You can weld the brackets while on the bus, but you must disconnect all the batteries, even the generator is a good idea.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
John Wyatt – Administrator/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilulissat View Post
Apologies for missing the credit. Was curious if you have drawings for the drop down bumper as well? I have my FC apart replacing belts and pulleys. Would like to do the swing rad conversion while I am at it.

Thank You
None that I’m aware of but following what others such as Joe have done sounds like the way to go.
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001