Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Default Bath & Bed Heat?

2000 LX...Two thermostats above the sink. The one on the left as you look at it turns a fan on under that sink, under the toilet room sink, and in the bedroom. No heat coming out...should the AquaHot be functioning?

The stat on the right blows heat out towards the shower door.

TIA

2000 LX40 Millennium Limited Edition #4 of 6
1987 PT38 8V92 "MacAttack Racing" SOLD
1974 FC31 534 gas engine, air brakes (sold)
Anaheim Hills, Calif.
714 269-6187

Do Not Send PM (Private Messages) Please
curtsprenger@gmail.com
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Ours are setup the opposite of yours but if you have air blowing in the bedroom, toilet room and under the sink - that's the aqua hot and the dash switch needs to be turned on to get heat.
(678) 438-3184
georgiacorvette@outlook.com
WOG Service Center Database (replaces WOG Maps)
MeWe: https://mewe.com/i/karengulrich

Last edited by georgiavette; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:54 PM. Reason: .
Old 2 Weeks Ago
FC Owner. Master of Bus Tetris.

sounds like a duct booster on the left. I've noticed that they are pretty well divorced from wherever they pull heat, strangely.

(MY duct booster thermostat is different than the other 3 so maybe I'm entirely wrong about your bathroom)

I still don't understand the BB philosophy on wiring duct boosters, mine only comes on in the 87FC when the ignition is ON. although the heater it gets warmth from is on the "LP heat" switch.

I like that 2000 LX. the ME is a good looking package.

-Dennis (direct email please! dennis@wanderlodgeowner.com)
Hesperia, California

1987 FC31 “A Rare Bird”
(300HP 3208TA/ZF)

1983 FC35SB
(225HP 3208T/MT643/Jacobs Retarder/Cruisair

Towables:
2006 Liberty CRD
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Kurt, my thermostat on the left operates the electric heat. The air does come from under the closet across from the shower and it is warm when plugged in. My thermostat on the right operates the aqua hot. I don't think it makes a difference that ours are opposite. Maybe on the day one of ours was built the guys decided to switch them In the dining area I have two more thermostats and one operates the electric heat under the kitchen sink and the other runs he aqua hot and a/c.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Curt
One Thermostat is for your electric heat and the other is for the aqua hot for the bathroom. The bedroom heat is a different zone. I think it’s zone three.
Ours is controlled by the thermostat in the dinette. YMV
1989 WB 2017-2019 Sold
2018 Ford F150 4x4
Old 2 Weeks Ago

In the bathroom: One thermostat runs an 110 volt electric heater. Ours is under the sink. The other runs the bathroom zone heat for the Aqua Hot. The Aqua Hot needs to be warm via diesel burner or electric heat. Otherwise the fan will just recirculate the existing bathroom air.

The thermostat in the dining area runs the heat and A/C for the Living Room/Kitchen Area and Bedroom. Zone 1 is the living Room/Kitchen Area and Zone 2 is for the Bedroom.

Call me if you want.
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad
Old 2 Weeks Ago

On our 99 the thermostat in the bathroom that blows out under the sink and in the bathroom are tied to one thermostat at the sink. This is the aquahot and the aquahot dash switch must be on. The other thermostat runs the baseboard electric heater in the hallway and is not tied to the dash switches. For our bedroom to heat we have to use the 4 button thermostat in the kitchen. Go to zone 3. Set it to furnace, and adjust the temp. The rear airconditioner switch to the left of the pilot seat must be in the on position. We have an east west bed and the duct assist blowers are on each side of the bed at the floor.
1999 Blue Bird 43LXi
Body # F123448
Chassis # 84788
Old 2 Weeks Ago

My thermostats are opposite. Left stat runs 110 toe heater under cabinet towards the shower. The right stat runs is aquahot and runs bathroom area and head. The electric circuit breaker has to be on or the aquahot diesel switch on the dash has to be on for heat.
The thermostat by the dinette runs the bedroom on zone 3.
turnkey1949@gmail.com
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Hi Curt,

I'm looking forward to seeing your new Bird.

As it was explained to me, the piping for the zones from the Aqua-hot consist of Zone 2 running down the drivers side and the Zone 3 runs down the curb side. Yours' sounds the same as mine, for the controls on the sink wall, the left one operates the electric heater. The right one operates the aquahot fan under the sink at your toes and the fan in the toilet. We generally only have zone 2 selected to furnace (zone 3 off, there isn't zone 1 heat only A/C.). That's why when I turn on the toilet heat to be comfortable for a few minutes ( it's on the zone 2 side of the bus), when finished and now brushing teeth at the hallway sink, my toes have cold air blowing on them ( that heater is on zone 3, which is off for us).

I hope this helps. It took me a while to figure it out, with help from Turnkey.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Hi Curt,

I'm looking forward to seeing your new Bird.

As it was explained to me, the piping for the zones from the Aqua-hot consist of Zone 2 running down the drivers side and the Zone 3 runs down the curb side. Yours' sounds the same as mine, for the controls on the sink wall, the left one operates the electric heater. The right one operates the aquahot fan under the sink at your toes and the fan in the toilet. We generally only have zone 2 selected to furnace (zone 3 off, there isn't zone 1 heat only A/C.). That's why when I turn on the toilet heat to be comfortable for a few minutes ( it's on the zone 2 side of the bus), when finished and now brushing teeth at the hallway sink, my toes have cold air blowing on them ( that heater is on zone 3, which is off for us).

I hope this helps. It took me a while to figure it out, with help from Turnkey.