Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Caterpillar 3208 Solutions

Caterpillar 3208 Solutions This sub-forum is hosted by Mike Hohnstein who has been at this kind of thing for 50+ years now, guess I'm addicted. The saga has been all about progressively larger shop space since then. Honestly, never wanted to get into the CAT 3208's that were originally considered to be a throwaway engine but that's all that works in a FC in my world. Same thing with my Ford toter, that came with a NA, too much effort to hang in a 6, so been at it with the CAT V-8 for 20 years now. In reality you can get excellent life out of a CAT 3208 if it's built correctly. Post your questions about the CAT 3208 engines here and Mike will try to help you out.

Site Search:

Old 4 Days Ago
ANOTHER REDNECK

there has been more than one WL that has holes in the pickup tube........

Just pointing this option out if all fails--run a rubber line in the fuel filler tube and zip tie it to try
Just a Hobby Shop now-Bird Repairs upon Appt and my Schedule -USAR Retired
Pleasanton Tx 78064
Do not use PM... please use
rwoody@fullnet.net
http://www.ebay.com/usr/woody19571

Old 1 Day Ago

Update:

Home now for a few days, turned out the filters and fuel system was pretty well plugged, looked like a rusty sludge. Came on pretty quick so I wonder a couple of things, first I did let it the fuel level get fairly low before the last tank, and second the bio diesel issue, I am now wondering if I have a rusty fuel tank with sludge in the bottom.

Happy to be home and the bus ran well on the way home, but I still have the diesel leak but after about a 600 mile drive home have a couple cups in the manifold valley. I will replace the throttle rod seal in the coming months, and I will have a supply of filters on hand from this point on!

Once again thanks for all the advice, I am slowly but surely working my way though all the systems on the old girl and its not lessening my enjoyment of using it.
Old 1 Day Ago

Bill,
Look on the bottom of your fuel tank.. I bet there is a little box with a pet cock in it that will allow you to drain off the bottom of the tank.. drain some off in a clear container so you can see whats in there. Unless you bought 100 percent bio diesel, I doubt that is the issue... almost all diesel in the US has up to 10 percent bio diesel in it. Glad you made it home and was able to enjoy your bird..

Jeff LoGiudice
1984LodgeJeff@gmail.com
Temple Terrace, Florida
1984 Bluebird PT40
#F063411 6V92TA & MT654CR
& 1986 MCI 102A3
6V92TA & HT740 (Sold)
YouTube-Gino's Garage https://www.youtube.com/user/xjrjeff
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #460