Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Eclipse Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Tell Us Where You're At

Tell Us Where You're At As you travel around the country, why not take the time to tell our members where you have settled for the night, week, or month. There may be another member close by, that would like to meet you, so put that information right here.

Site Search:

Old 03-15-2014

Default RVillage

Here is a new website, free, that has a number of user groups, including Bluebird.

It is hoped that one can keep track of where you are at, and other members, so that one can find out if others are near, and as a way to interact, and get to meet those other RV'ers.

It is an attempt to help people to get to meet other, like minded RV'ers.

Give it a look. Again, it is free. I have NO affiliation.

Link added: http://www.rvillage.com

Melvin and Charlene Pierce
Scranton, ND
"Smoke N Mirrors" Royale Conversion
1990 PT40WB

Last edited by mpierce; 03-15-2014 at 05:51 PM.
Old 03-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpierce View Post
Here is a new website, free, that has a number of user groups, including Bluebird.

It is hoped that one can keep track of where you are at, and other members, so that one can find out if others are near, and as a way to interact, and get to meet those other RV'ers.

It is an attempt to help people to get to meet other, like minded RV'ers.

Give it a look. Again, it is free. I have NO affiliation.
Did you hope to attach a link?
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 03-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Did you hope to attach a link?

YES! Sorry.

http://www.rvillage.com

Melvin and Charlene Pierce
Scranton, ND
"Smoke N Mirrors" Royale Conversion
1990 PT40WB
Old 03-15-2014
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

may be a good group, I don't know.

But we have our very own Bird map by one of our own members, and it works great for the few of us who use it.

http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm
918-689-8800
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 03-15-2014
Forum owner

i agree with Mallie.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 03-15-2014

Melvin , I don t like sight s that request my info and offer little . wog allowed me access to all, and only asked for vitals when I wanted to post ....

2000 LXI Single Slide (sold)
1999 Prevost Vantare 45

Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 03-16-2014
BIG MAMA

Amen.....on the info.www.BBirdmaps.com is excellent. Use it!!.....even if you are home. You never can tell who may show up in your area.....great way to meet new folks with your same interest!! Don't just sit there....do it!!...
2001 LXI single slide
04 M 380.......with goat rails SOLD
89 SP SOLD
Woodwinds450@yahoo.com
Old 03-16-2014

I am hesitant to join that Rvillage although it is probably OK. I think some fulltimers started it.

I do like and use BB Maps.
Fruita Colorado
Old 03-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by al perna View Post
Melvin , I don t like sight s that request my info and offer little . wog allowed me access to all, and only asked for vitals when I wanted to post ....

Off Topic: Where are you now my friend?
2013 Lincoln MKX (toad)
alan.darson@gmail.com
Old 03-16-2014

Al you have a reason to be concerned, If people had any idea about how much info sites can gather and give to information aggregators they would never have a smartphone or cruise the web. Not that that site itself abuses their users info but there are plenty that do. I'm not some big conspiracy theorist but I am rooted in reality. Skip the next paragraphs if not interested, but suffice it to say what the NSA is reportedly doing is nothing compared to what Google and the others are data mining about you and selling, reselling a hundred times over. Good thing is, on this WOG forum I only see 1 tie in to Google.com and 1 to GoogleApis.com (but not Google analytics which is 5 trackers in itself). It's likely the search function of the forum software.

I regularly see sites that have 15+ trackers following what people do. Here's a example: On Verizons site, where I pay my cell bill, with Ghostery enabled I have 3 trackers, with it turned off I see 13! Sites like monetate.net, acxiom, doubleclick, etc.. It's disturbing if you think about it. Heck, the NYTimes.com site has 18 outside connections on the home page alone. Not everything is a tracker, but it seems every 2nd or 3rd one is.

More: It's pretty daunting to open a page and then look at it with something like Collusion and see all the "other" sites that are tracking the links you follow, the info you put into a page etc... And just because you are anonymous on one site doesn't mean they don't marry your IP Address with a different site, heck many different sites and know EXACTLY who you are. It's nearly impossible to get away from Google Analytics, so many developers install it on their backend sites thinking it's benign. It's not so benign if you value your end users privacy. There's lots of others as well. I run this program called Ghostery to manually block sites that try to track me, or at least minimize it. If they want my info then they should be paying ME for it. Collusion is out for Safari on the Mac and will give you a graphic overview of who's tracking you, or trying to, as well. See it with the click of a button. There's also a version of it called LightBeam for FireFox. I've used both for years now.

60 Minutes did a program about this just last week. Nothing I didn't already know but the pervasiveness they reported on was a little worse than I even suspected. Also there is ZERO oversight of these companies. These guys really are out to get you so to speak. And I'll bet other countries governments including our own are among their list of clients. Why wouldn't they be, with no over site it's perfectly legal and just "marketing".

Ok, I need to disconnect from the Web, get back in my Faraday Cage now. The windows in this room don't have enough newspaper covering all the openings, 'They' may be watching and this aluminum tinfoil hat is starting to leak mind control triggers and starting to itch...

Ken - Austin, Texas -
'94 34' Safari Serengeti sold - Mom remarried @71 and they upgraded to a newer Coach w/Slides

(HDT Coach or BMC & Stacker for me in the future.)